Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Feedback
Hi everyone. I'm looking for feedback as I made a custom sprite sheet for Ninja Mario, and it got rejected. So I'm looking for feedback to get better. Here's the sheet

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
You should use a different color other than black. Not only do real ninjas avoid black because it doesn't blend in as well with the night as you would think, but it also looks terrible when you look at your screen at the wrong angle. I had to tilt my monitor forward just to see that Mario wasn't a simple black blob in that sheet.

Also, since it is Mario, I couldn't call most of his outfits "plain", which is exactly what this is, so I don't think it fits him. Try adding some decoration, like a different color sash, a scabbard, even if he doesn't use a sword, though that would be a fitting ability, or maybe even one of those giant back scrolls or something. It just looks too plain for Mario.

The mask itself turned out to actually be just a black glob, unlike the rest of the clothes being able to reflect light. It should be filled in with a color as well. Again, use a color other than black. Maybe have different colors for different environments, like white for snow, dark blue for night, green for forest, things like that. Simple recolors like that would be easy to pull off.

Lastly, it just fits his form too well. Ninja clothes should be loose to allow free movement, but bound at the wrists and ankles to keep from flapping too wildly or exposing the arms. I know that's hard to pull off at such a low resolution, but just adding a bit of puff to his limbs would be better than nothing.
Thanked by: Omegaling Jack
Alright thanks! I was inspired by a previously made sprite sheet, which was all in black, but I do understand what you mean.
Thanked by: