Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
i tried to make a sonic sprite
[Image: Capturar.PNG]
does this is good?tips to make it better?
Thanked by:
[Image: 70jX9t3.png]??
Thanked by:
(01-05-2018, 02:30 PM)Pixeltendo Wrote: [Image: 70jX9t3.png]??

what is that?
Thanked by:
That would be the same sprite with several edits made that help you improve it visually. Although I would have left a description of telling OP what changed and what could be changed in the sprite.

ANYHOW.

The sprite itself suffers some anatomy issues, His right leg seems like it's broken and the shoes seem bigger than they really need to be. The contrast of the blue on his ear isn't really enough and there a ton of jagged outlines all over the place that hamper the quality of the sprite more so than anything else. Also I didn't notice this until I compared the two sprites but Sonic's nose should be between his eyes and not have such an offset off his head.

I don't know if you used a reference to look at as you were making this but I think that you should be doing that not just as you're working on sprites or pixel art but with anything you make in general.

Come to think of it, I would also consider adding shading and anti-aliasing, because right now the sprite you made seems very flat and I'm more bothered by that visually than anything else since we're not really looking at a sprite that's 8-bit.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Looks very Super Mario Bros. 1 like imo
Thanked by:
(01-05-2018, 10:57 AM)grass8888 Wrote: [Image: Capturar.PNG]
does this is good?tips to make it better?

just put more shadows because de position, the arms,the legs, all they are perfect, improve on shadows
Thanked by:
It actually looks like it was made in MSPaint...but that is not an insult; I'm not saying 'oh it's so bad it looks like MSPaint', I actually use that program, and thus I know that sort of style when I see it. It's really good, far better than anything I could have made, but using MSPaint to make good sprites is just hard in general due to its limitations.
I'm emotionally feeling a bit better now. I'm sorry to everyone I hurt and/or annoyed by my actions and reactions when I first joined this site.

"If somebody says "This sucks", dont say "Fuck you", say "I'll show you, this isn't even anywhere near as perfect as i can be" and show them you breaking your limits." ~JewyB

Rest in peace, Daniel Desmond Amofah. You shall be missed.
Thanked by:
(02-02-2018, 08:22 PM)PaperWilliam Wrote: Looks very Super Mario Bros. 1 like imo

I would say it looks more like Mario 3
Working on some ROM Hacks.
Thanked by: