Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Having trouble porting RTB's ISM2 3DSMax import script to Blender (Python 3)
I've been searching quite a bit for a way to import Megadimension Neptunia VII's models into Blender, other than the ones posted here. The moderator Random Talking Bush has a 3DS Max import script for the game's *.ism2 model format. Seeing as I don't use 3DS Max, but rather Blender, and having a background in Python scripting, I decided to research Blender's scripting API and try and rewrite his import script for it.

MaxScript's syntax seems fairly straightforward. Most of the time, I need only look up what a function does in Autodesk's API reference for it if I don't understand the use of some function call. However, there is something that doesn't make sense to me at all, something that should result in a script error for referencing an out of scope variable I'd think, but maybe MaxScript is obtuse with what I've come to expect with coding languages and scoping rules.

There is a variable called 'SectionType' that is repeatedly referenced throughout the script code, but from what I see, the variable is defined in a for-loop, with no definitions elsewhere for a variable with that name. I'm not sure if the script code works, but I'd normally assume MaxScript would get confused outside of that for-loop, not knowing otherwise what 'SectionType' is. If this script is indeed functional, then I would have no idea what value 'SectionType' has outside of the for-loop scope. My best guess is the value of the last loop?

Here's a little snippet to illustrate:

Code:
-- line 156
for b = 1 to SectionCount do(
SectionType = readlong f #unsigned
printDebug("SectionType: " + SectionType as string)
SectionOffset = readlong f #unsigned -- defined here, no other var by this name outside of this loop
append SectionType_array SectionType
append SectionOffset_array SectionOffset
)
if SectionType == 76 do(
if SectionType == 91 do(
-- ... etc, etc
Thanked by:
any update on this? I'm hoping to model swap hyperdimension neptunia for my friend, but I can't get my hands on 3DS max. (prefer Blender anyway) if Blender could import/export ISM2 all my problems would be solved.
Thanked by:
Don't know if you are still interested but I'll leave this here anyway.
I created a Blender add-on for ISM2 files. It only imports to Blender tho. It will not export back to ISM2.
It also extracts arc files from 'Megadimension Neptunia VII'. The DLCs come in arc packages.
https://github.com/LilacDogoo/blender_neptools
Thanked by: Random Talking Bush
HyperDimension / MegaDimension / SuperDimension Neptunia
I have updated my Blender Add-On.
  • Imports characters, accessories, weapons, processor units, and level maps.
  • Supports texture maps (diffuse, specular, emission, and normal).
  • Vertex coloring also works.
  • Alpha blending is easily enabled.
https://github.com/LilacDogoo/blender_neptools
Thanked by:
There's also another guy called wind_bell that also made the blender ISM2 importer that can also import animations from Neptunia games. He's in this site {LINK REMOVED, DO NOT LINK TO 18+ WEB SITES} and he also made a blender MDLX importer for some few Neptunia games that uses Orochi 4 engine and other Compile Heart games.
Thanked by: