Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help installing portal
I just relized that I do not have a DVD-ROM drive. I need one in order to install it. This might be a noobish question but were the hell do I get one? From the puterbox store?
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Unless you recently bought your PC at a shit store, your PC might be quite outdated. There are nearly no PCs with regular CD-ROM drives. The ones who do have it, don't nearly have half the requirements Portal needs. I mean, you could try playing Portal, but it wouldn't be enjoyable, even in the lowest quality.
Thanked by:
Actually my computer gets updated with hardware when needed. If it can play WoW for my sister without lag I'm sure it can play Portal just fine (Plus my computer has all the system requirements for portal except the DVD-ROM drive). My computer is about 5-6 years old but again it gets updated when needed. (I have another one that is only 2-3 years old that doesn't have a DVD-ROM drive eather and it was gotten new at the store that has the Geek Squad at it. I forget the store name though.....)

Josaih- They are actually pretty cheep now that I've been shopping around. I don't see them for hundreds of dollars but more around the range of $20. I don't need the absolute state of the art DVD-ROM drive. I only need a very basic one.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: