Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hollow Knight sprite ripping
Hello! I'm new but I've begun ripping those really pretty Hollow Knight sprites finally. The sprites are not as disjointed as some other 2d Unity games, but there's still quite a lot to sort through, and as much as I do love to do this, I have IRL things to handle, you know how it is.

So any help would be appreciated, but I'm working on it too, I promise. Smile

Here's the page. Right now I only have a spritesheet for all the charms, and even that took a good hour or so cos a lot of the sprites are single images instead of sheets.

I used UABE to rip 'em (2.1 and the 2.1d bugfix, ripping Texture2d files from the extensionless globalgamemanagers file). Takes a while cos there's quite a few, but it spits 'em all out eventually.

Thanks 'n all! Let me know if you need help or what kinda progress you make- I'll update this thread with my progress too.  Smile
Thanked by:
Check out this application:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29374.html

It should help you make sprite sheets out of individual image files. Can be really helpful once you get to grips with how it works. The little quirks will seem like they're kind of odd to begin with, but with regular use, you'll understand why it operates the way it does Smile
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: pongorma
Here is an alternative tool called Sheet Maker which I got from Ploaj:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-31724.html

I suggest you try out both and see what suits you best.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: pongorma
Thank you both! I'll be sure to try 'em both out. Smile
Thanked by: