Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just got a gaming PC
Hey all, top o' morning.

Over the last month or so my laptop crapped out on me and began to not boot properly so the day finally came to lay out hard dough for a good computer. I can now experience the wonder of master race and modern gaming. What are some recommendations for games if you have any?

I just bought overwatch and the counter strike package deal, and am currently playing soul caliber 3 on PCSX2 with a fight stick and it's a dream come true playing the RTS mode again, especially on stick.

Specs off the top of my head (at work)
Evga nvidia 1060 6gb vram
8gb ram
6 core gpu @ 3.14 ghz, 12 threads

Cheers!
Current ripping projects: 
Bahamut Lagoon FX  - In Progress

[Image: 8XRDwnT.png]
Thanked by:
The hexacore cpu is probably a Ryzen 1600? Anyway, good choice =)

What genre do you like to play?

Shooter: Cuphead, Everspace
Platformer: A Hat in Time, Sonic Mania
Action-RPG: Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3
Horror: The Evil Within 2
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
(10-30-2017, 08:26 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: The hexacore cpu is probably a Ryzen 1600? Anyway, good choice =)

What genre do you like to play?

Shooter: Cuphead, Everspace
Platformer: A Hat in Time, Sonic Mania
Action-RPG: Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3
Horror: The Evil Within 2
why not 1 and 2?
anyway a good series is without doubt the S.T.A.L.K.E.R one, kinda old and could rn on a potato, but fun notheless.
as for some good games: Bioshock, doom 2016, psychonatus, mark of the ninja, alan wake and countless more
Thanked by:
Cuphead looks and sounds awesome. I wasn't even aware that the bioshock series was on PC, def have to snag that. I've played through the souls series on Xbox throughout my life but I've heard that it's constantly locked at 30 fps so that's another reason to get DS3 on the rig. I know ds1 was moddable on PC, anything about ds3?

I've heard constantly positive things about the witcher 3, from it's combat to story, all the way down to its mesh detail and how good it's card game is. I would love to get witcher 3 but right now time is stricken with my work days as early as 5am to getting home at 7pm.
(Edit: forgot to mention I know how big this game is, I wanna get a taste of everything before I settle into one big game)

Evil within looked awesome. I heard a hat in time really does bring back the true adventure platforms feel like Banjo. I've never heard of everspace, what's it like? My brother has sonic mania but isn't too into platformers and hasn't even played it yet lol.

I also wasn't aware that alan wake was on PC, got me pumped to hold a flash light. Didn't know psychonaughts was on there either, waited years to check that out.

I just beat doom on x1, and holy shit what a ride. To anyone reading this post; if you like fun, action, shooting, and general awesomeness make it your next purchase Big Grin

Thank you for the replies guys, I'll have to post up my tags in that topic that's somewhere here (mobile again)

Thanked by:
With specs like that, just play whatever you want at 1080p, don't let us tell you how to spend your money and have fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly though don't be me; have a blast with that 1060. I bought a fancy EVGA Geforce 1080 SC ($650 at launch!!!) and the first things I played for awhile on it was...Dust: An Elysian Tail and a bunch of SNES ROMs. lmao
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Hahaha I feel your pain Kosheh!

To be honest I've been playing retro for so long I just don't even know where to start. It's overwhelming in a way to realize it's potential power, at least now I can rip from higher spec emus, hassle free!

I will look into Dust Smile thank you

Thanked by: