Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Finally Decided to Join VG-Resource
Hello everyone, I'm StupidMarioBros1Fan, also known as StupidMarioFan1 on Kitty Corp Meow Mix Forums and sometimes as StMB1Fan when the name needs to be short. I'm a huge fan of the YouTube series called "Stupid Mario Brothers" by Richalvarez as well as Mario in general & other Nintendo franchises, but also some Non-Nintendo franchises like Star Wars & James Bond. Currently my favorite Mario game of all time is Super Mario 64, although that might change when Super Mario Odyssey comes out but if not it's only because of Nostalgia.
I tend to express how much I love SM64 by importing the models into other games, most notably Super Smash Bros Brawl and New Super Mario Bros Wii, however I also like to edit existing/create new models to fit in the same style. Because of how the animations worked in SM64, the models have a slightly different graphic style compared to every other N64 Mario game, as well as just being so Low-Poly in general although not too Low-Poly like Super Smash Bros.
Been using 3ds Max since 2012 and thanks to taking Video Game Graphic Design classes at college I am confident in my modeling skills, not amazing, but I'm pretty good at making Low-Poly stuff. In fact I have been asked a decent amount of times to post my custom models online outside of the hacks/mods that I released and I figured "Where else but the Model's Resource's Custom/Edited Models section?" However, I don't limit myself to only replicating the SM64 Style, I've also done some stuff in the same style as NSMBW/Modern Mario games like modifying Bowser's model to look like Bowletta or King Koopa in NSMBW.
While I don't plan on uploading every Custom/Edited model I've made, as I have a lot thanks to a WIP NSMBW Project where I'm replacing every character with a SM64-Version of themselves & it probably doesn't have enough attention/recognition to qualify for it's own section like Project M does, I hope to supply the section with a little bit more diversity, and to try to satisfy the people who have wanted my stuff.

One thing I won't be doing is uploading every version of a character that I have, like SM64 Mario for example, as different games required different changes in order to work like texture mapping for example. Don't want to over-saturate the site with models that don't look any different from an outsider's perspective.
Some models might have two versions included for the texture mapping. One thing that Nintendo loved to use is the "Clamp" setting which causes the border pixels of a texture to stretch across the rest of the model, while most GCN & Wii games just use it for eye textures, the N64 used it all the time and is the reason why a lot of models needed to be remapped for this site to avoid things like SM64 Mario having four or more eyes. I keep this in a lot of my stuff because games that use BrawlBox (Brawl, NSMBW & Mario Kart Wii for example) allow textures to be set to "Repeat" (sometimes called Tile) "Mirror" and "Clamp" and is extremely useful in getting rid of extra texture space that would've been needed if a texture is set to "Repeat"
While this is not a forgotten setting as game engines like Unreal Engine 4 fully support the "Clamp" setting, some programs like 3ds Max either don't have this setting or it's tricky to find so it's very inconvenient for people who don't know about it to see "messed-up" UVs on the model.
The "Mirror" setting is more common so I doubt that I'll edit models that use that setting, NSMBW used it everywhere for example.

Overall I am excited to join this community and hope to provide models not only to the Custom/Edited section but also to others if I come across any models that haven't already been uploaded.
Huge fan of the YouTube Series "Stupid Mario Brothers" by Richalvarez, as well as Mario in general.
Super Mario 64 is my #1 Mario game of all time, and I tend to express that by importing the models into other games or by creating/editing models to fit in the same style.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus, sutinoer
Hey!! Welcome, finally! Cute (This is TFA on KCMM)
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
Welcome to TSR I am looking forward to your submissions. Unfortunately, it takes quite a long time until the models are approved, so please do not lose them immediately. Otherwise they enjoyed their stay.
Thanked by: