Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How many games it takes to promote a system?
I mean, for a system to be removed from the "Other Systems" subsection. I'm thinking the plauseability of making a project to expand these sections.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
I wanna say 15 games but I could very much be wrong about that.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
I remember me 25 games.
Thanked by:
It depends on the site. It's 25 on tSR, 10 on tMR and tTR, and 5 on tSoR. All subject to change depending on volume of submissions over time.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I meant on tSR. Thanks for the answer anyway. Would anyone be interested in such a project?
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
I think yes. If you know how to rip other section you are welcome.
Thanked by:
I can try something on a few of those systems. But I guess I'll wait at least for the NES project to end.
Thanked by:
I've got an interesting question that could go up for debate

Certain systems like the Virtual Boy or the Game.com have libraries that are under 25 games. If one were to submit all games released for it despite being under 25 games (Virtual Boy had 20 I think), would it remain in the other systems section or would it get an "honorary" spot in the main console list?
Thanked by:
The system is automatic and based purely on game count so it would remain under Other Systems. The same would be true for a system that has enough games deleted to push it back under 25 - it would drop back into Other Systems as well.
Thanked by:
I see... I guess the only way to fix that sort of problem is to get either roms of prototype games or homebrew, but I mean who would want to homebrew the Game.com?
Thanked by:
If it's really decided to be a problem, the easier way to fix it will be to simply include a flag that the category is complete and ignore its game count but we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.
Thanked by: puggsoy
there are homebrews for the virtual boy, so you can infilate the number with that
Thanked by:
There wouldn't be a need to inflate anything with a flag.
Thanked by:
These would be nice but they're not really a big deal. I doubt any of these systems will be complete anytime soon.
Thanked by:
Probably not but I don't want inflated numbers by using unofficial releases to push them out of other systems either.
Thanked by: