Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Solved] Problem on a specific .nut file on Taiko WiiU 3
Hi, I've discovered yesterday that this version of Taiko has the same Touhou characters as the 3DS Version, but in HD Edition instead of nerfed pixelated sprites, so I went doing that, I thought these sprites were only on Arcade, but I guess not, it's available as DLC on one of the Wii U's Taiko.

I was able to extract pretty much everything, all characters Dancing, the background, the "Fever", and so on. The only thing I wasn't able was a single sprite from the "chibis" that show up above when you hit a note, and possibly the light effect on the lanterns.

My first problem, which I was able to resolve it, is that the SSB4 .nut extractor (on QuickBMS) was only extracting the first "GIDX" file from the .nut file. The script was able to find the other images, but it always returned as 1KB DDS File, with nothing on it. However, I fixed that by using a Hex Editor. I removed the first "GIDX" from the file, so it could extract the second one normally, then I did the same for the third, fourth, and so on.

However, I'm having problems with a file in particular, which I've tried to do the same method as above and it didn't work. When I try doing this, the command prompt prints:
Code:
Error: incomplete input file number 0, can't read 196528 bytes. anyway don't worry, it's possible that the BMS script has been written to exit in this way if it's reached the end of the archive so check it or contact its author or verify that all the files have been extracted

Although, no files have been extracted. The file size is small, so it's most likely why this error is popping up. I also think that the "GIDX" I'm trying to extract is smaller than the rest, so something is not going right.

I've tried switching GIDX places, that way the program did extract, but the image was stretched or corrupted. I also tried nullyfing the first "GIDX", but then it just gave me a transparent image since there was no Data to obtain from. Thirdly, I tried removing the Header from the second "GIDX" to see if the program could merge two into one image, but nope. Finally, tried to replace the information from the image I want to extract on the end of the image that is able to extract normally, again the image got stretched.

As well, by doing the method I applied to every other .nut, I also tried to add dummy data to the end of the file, so the script would be able to extract the file, even so, image got stretched again.

I didn't messed much with the file with the corrupted "lantern" (bg_fever_b_19.png) as I said, but it's also giving me garbage data, but it might be a totally different problem, maybe. It could be just a leftover, though:

I'm not sure if I can share the original .nut file here, but I'll post the result of the corrupted one, the sprite I'm trying to obtain is the one on the right corner, because I was able to get the left one with proper resolution (as well the rest that appear in green) [chibi_b_191.png):

Thanks!

Off-Topic: I'm sorry if I've uploaded the 3DS sprites already, as I said previously, I had no idea these sprites were on another Taiko game that wasn't an Arcade Cabinet. The two has a few differences, but I think it's not much a problem keeping both, I guess? Considering there's Smash 3DS and Wii U as well.
Thanked by:
Update: I was finally able to get the sprite by injecting the GIDX image to "dance_b_19.nut", since the file size was bigger, the program was able to extract it:

Now I'll see about those weird garbage images, if they are even possible to be fixed.
Edit: Considering that the garbage images are probably just light effects, I'll left these ones out.
Thanked by:
Hm, could've sworn I'd already updated my script to fix that problem. I'll take a look at it later tomorrow now and see what's going on there.
Thanked by: gabrielwoj
(08-05-2017, 11:54 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Hm, could've sworn I'd already updated my script to fix that problem. I'll take a look at it later tomorrow and see what's going on there.

I'm probably using an older one, to be honest. I probably got somewhere and I never bothered finding an update (I thought these things never required in the first place). I think I downloaded the script like three or four months ago, not sure.

Upon some of extractions, I noticed that the right part was cropped and it was moved to the left side of the image, nothing like a simple image edit solved the problem.

EDIT: Where can I obtain the updated script?
EDIT2: Also, I never updated my Quickbms ever, but I guess that wasn't the problem.
Thanked by:
Actually, it turns out that it's the opposite, I'd accidentally broken that when I updated the script! Here's the older version of the script I wrote to extract the textures from Pokken, try this out while I try to implement the fixes into the main script.

https://mega.nz/#!P4AHzbqS!n6YOgMPib2poN...kwS8oKMrTQ
Thanks. I did already uploaded the sheet, but I'll check it out about the garbage images, if there are any hope for them, still, makes a lot easier if I end up uploading more sheets for this game.

EDIT: Also, with this "outdated" new script, there is no issue with the crop thing I told about earlier on. And, no more "garbage" images, yay! I'll update the sheet tomorrow, maybe.
Thanked by:
(08-06-2017, 12:17 AM)gabrielwoj Wrote: EDIT: Also, with this "outdated" new script, there is no issue with the crop thing I told about earlier on. And, no more "garbage" images, yay! I'll update the sheet tomorrow, maybe.
Yeah, so it's definitely one of the changes I'd made for the Pokkén part of the script that broke it for the Taiko .NUT files, then. Whoops! At least you've got something that works with 'em for now while I figure out what went wrong there (probably one of the offsets not linking to the right spots in the latter).

[Image: RGzpIXE.png]
Yes. The one thing that seems to refuse to work are the textures, but I'm not much interested in the textures for this game (Namco used 3D Models for Don and the costumes this time, and not sprites like it has always been), but anyway, thank.
Thanked by:
(08-06-2017, 12:29 AM)gabrielwoj Wrote: Yes. The one thing that seems to refuse to work are the textures, but I'm not much interested in the textures for this game (Namco used 3D Models for Don and the costumes this time, and not sprites like it has always been), but anyway, thank.
Seems like those only work with the Sm4sh .NUT script, for the most part.