Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Textures on Pokémon B2W2 Models Faulty When Imported
Not sure if this should be posted in the Textures section instead, but oh, well.

I've been trying my hand at ripping map models from video games to import them to Sm4sh. In this case, the title I'm exporting models from Pokémon Black Version 2. Using a program called "Spiky's DS Map Editor", I am able to view and extract the maps (as well as their respective data) from the Pokémon games released on the DS. In the picture below, you can see a quadrant of Pokéstar Studios displayed through said program. Notice that the quality of the textures on the model is identical to how they appear in-game.
[Image: XTXh2HO.png]

However, after exporting the model of the map to an .obj file (which simultaneously exports its textures to .png files along with it), importing them to Blender has an unsatisfactory result. As seen below, the textures appear blurry on the model. Several of the colors leak onto each other, most notably on the cardboard boxes. The normally invisible lines of the director's chair's wiring are visible. Meanwhile, the shadows of the various objects on the filming set are practically unnoticeable (they ARE there, though.)
[Image: HMlL9Se.png]

Similarly, the trees originally had a shadow texture which appears to blend with the grass.
[Image: UwHbDcq.png]

When viewed through Blender, the shadows are completely opaque.
[Image: TGTiFS8.png]

If you're still confused by the problem I have, here's a comparison between the .png file of this ceiling/balcony/doorstep texture and how it's rendered in Blender. (I deleted the main body of the building to isolate the texture.)
[Image: 7gqDkmt.png][Image: 4XX3gnX.png]

To retrace my steps to see if the problem lies there, I:
  • Open up Blender.
  • Delete the camera, cube, and lamp which are always present whenever you boot up the program.
  • Import the .obj file of the map I want to work with (which is contained in a folder along with the textures corresponding to said map.)
  • Press A to deselect all polygons.
  • In the Viewport Shading bar near the bottom, select "Texture".
    [Image: px1mgNh.png]

I've tried importing the model to other programs, such as Google SketchUp, but only to get the same results. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed, but all help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, sorry if I don't reply right away, I've been very busy lately.
Thanked by: