Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Ultimate Sonic 1 Sheet
HEY YOU, LOOKING AT THE SCREEN. Leemi ask you a question. Do you like AWESOME SPRITES THAT ARE AWESOME? Then you gotta check out this sheet dude. It's super cool, and crazy useful, like pre-ordering the SNES Classic to get it before it goes sold out useful! CHECK THIS OUT. 

You see THIS bad boy is the Ultimate Sonic 1 Sheet. Tired of browsing the internet for custom sonic sprites, and all you get are Advance? Tired of finding the sprites you want, but have to find multiple sheets in order to get a lot of frames? FEAR NOT, FOR THIS SHEET WILL SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. With this sheet, we have taken some of the best Sonic 1 customs from all around the internet, and compiled them into ONE AWESOME SHEET. This even includes new customs! Stuff that you've never seen on other sheets, so why waste your time on those? This is the ULTIMATE sheet. 

Many people are to thank for this sheet. Although the full list is on the sheet itself, many credit goes to AsuharaMoon for not only remaking the entire interface, but also creating new sprites in the process and fixing older ones, Sketch for letting me use his Sonic 1 Mania graphics, (Which is another amazing compilation of Sonic 1 Graphics) and the GFtheplayer for assistance with the Edusoft sprites. I couldn't have done it without you all! 

But as if all this doesn't sound great enough, the sheet is only in it's first phase! It will soon continue to get more updates, and even YOU can submit your own sprites for the sheet! (LEE GASP) However, these sprites must go by the Sonic 1 Color Palette, which luckly is on the sheet itself, so hopefully no one will have a problem with it. 

So what are you waiting for? Enjoy the sheet, and I hope these sprites are of good use to everyone! Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looking pretty good!
ps: you should probably fix the eyelids on some of the sprites to look like this:    
Thanked by:
Thanks! Also, thanks for pointing that out. Might update it later.
Thanked by: SuperS192
(06-29-2017, 07:43 AM)bennascar Wrote: Thanks! Also, thanks for pointing that out. Might update it later.

Awesome sheet! Can I use these for a web comic if I give credit?
EDIT: You forgot beta sonic 2 balancing sprites. They are unused. I've recolored them already. You don't have to add them though. The unused balancing animation
Thanked by: Aquarius
(06-29-2017, 03:47 PM)SuperS192 Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 07:43 AM)bennascar Wrote: Thanks! Also, thanks for pointing that out. Might update it later.

Can I use these for a web comic if I give credit?

Sure thing! This whole sheet is meant to be Rom Hacking, Fan Game, and Animation Friendly, so I don't see why you cannot use it for a sprite comic. I'd like to see it when it's done so I can see if you gave credit correctly and because I'm interested. Just make sure to check back sometimes, because I'll be updating this thing a lot hopefully over the summer.
Thanked by: SuperS192, Aquarius
(06-29-2017, 04:13 PM)bennascar Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 03:47 PM)SuperS192 Wrote:

Can I use these for a web comic if I give credit?

Sure thing! This whole sheet is meant to be Rom Hacking, Fan Game, and Animation Friendly, so I don't see why you cannot use it for a sprite comic. I'd like to see it when it's done so I can see if you gave credit correctly and because I'm interested. Just make sure to check back sometimes, because I'll be updating this thing a lot hopefully over the summer.

Ok Thanks for letting me. This is one of the best sheets in the S1/SCD style. I really don't see a lot of custom sprites in that style.

You're welcome. I'm happy to help!
(06-29-2017, 07:43 AM)9bennascar Wrote: Thanks! Also, thanks for pointing that out. Might update it later.

@SuperS192, That was directed to me not you.
(06-29-2017, 05:10 PM)SketchAnimations Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 07:43 AM)9bennascar Wrote: Thanks! Also, thanks for pointing that out. Might update it later.

@SuperS192, That was directed to me not you.

...oh my bad.
Thanked by:
Are you working on an Ultimate Tails sheet? If not, is it ok if I make one?
(06-30-2017, 12:26 AM)SuperS192 Wrote: Are you working on an Ultimate Tails sheet? If not, is it ok if I make one?

That's actually been something that's been on my mind for a bit now.  Right now though, I'd rather focus on Sonic, as there are still stuff I would like to add to the sheet, and people can add in their own sprites as well. Although, who knows. If I do make a Ultimate Tails Sheet, It'll be with Sonic 2's palette.  Wink
(06-30-2017, 07:49 AM)bennascar Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 12:26 AM)SuperS192 Wrote: Are you working on an Ultimate Tails sheet? If not, is it ok if I make one?

That's actually been something that's been on my mind for a bit now.  Right now though, I'd rather focus on Sonic, as there are still stuff I would like to add to the sheet, and people can add in their own sprites as well. Although, who knows. If I do make a Ultimate Tails Sheet, It'll be with Sonic 2's palette.  Wink

Ok. Thanks for letting me know
Thanked by:
Positive, you got a lot of poses. Negative, a lot of the shading seems to change a lot from certain poses. They're not well uniformed. Like for example, poses from Sonic 3 still look like Sonic 3 shading with Sonic 1's head pasted on top of it. And in other cases (like the Sonic Advance Run), it looks like you recolored someone's else's conversion of the pose into Sonic 1 Colors.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
Do I have to add that 3rd dark red from the Sonic 1 pallete that no one uses for some reason?
Thanked by:
(06-30-2017, 03:38 PM)AkumaTh Wrote: Positive, you got a lot of poses. Negative, a lot of the shading seems to change a lot from certain poses. They're not well uniformed. Like for example, poses from Sonic 3 still look like Sonic 3 shading with Sonic 1's head pasted on top of it. And in other cases (like the Sonic Advance Run), it looks like you recolored someone's else's conversion of the pose into Sonic 1 Colors.

The Sonic 3 poses are from Sonic 3 Complete an unofficial compilation od Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3 complete, AKA S3&K and you can patch in the sonic 1 sprites.
Thanked by:
(06-30-2017, 05:50 PM)SketchAnimations Wrote: Do I have to add that 3rd dark red from the Sonic 1 pallete that no one uses for some reason?

If you intend for this sheet to be the Ultimate Sonic 1 and not just a collection of recolors and frankinsteins, then yes and more.

(06-30-2017, 11:42 PM)SuperS192 Wrote: The Sonic 3 poses are from Sonic 3 Complete an unofficial compilation od Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3 complete, AKA S3&K and you can patch in the sonic 1 sprites.

Hackers do an amazing job, but even still they recommend you playing with the default settings. Such limitations were most likely made because there were no decent Sonic 1/2 version of those sprites. An example of such is the Super Sonic sprites they used. Instead of a recolor Sonic, they used these sprites so Super Sonic looks Super no matter the position.

Another example, compare the Prototypes of Sonic and Tails sprites to the reshading/fixing up of these Knuckles Chaotix Sonic and Tails. He did more than recolor the Prototype to have Knuckles Chaotix color scheme. He reshaded parts so they look more accurate looking.

Making these poses into Sonic 1 style is a lot more work than copying a head and recoloring. You have to make sure they look accurate to the original source. And that means not only reshading but also reshaping the sprites to be close to the original. Here's an example of the reverse.

[Image: CzZ7vqr.png]

The Sonic 3 sprite is doing the exact same pose as the Sonic 1, but notice all the differences between the two. Its more than just a recolor with Sonic 3's head on top.

EDIT: An example to see side by side
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by: