Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help making a usable font
How do I convert/make a font from the fonts available on Spriters Resource? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to submit this kind of question. I felt it was the most fitting place for it. In case the font already exists, It is the font found in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, and it looks like this:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
It is a sprite font, so you have to find a program that supports or convert them.
Thanked by:
(06-08-2017, 10:29 AM)iyenal Wrote: It is a sprite font, so you have to find a program that supports or convert them.

Any suggestions...?
Thanked by:
ScanFont is very good but is paid, there are also FontForge...
Thanked by:
The main problem here is that "real" fonts, like TTF files, use vector "glyphs" which are scalable, while the ones on TSR are just bitmap images. These are often fine for games (lots of game engines support them), but for most other uses you will need them converted. Unfortunately converting from bitmap to vector is not really something you can automate.

The best thing I could really find is this question, where the best answer was using FontForge + AutoTrace. It seems promising enough, but even in the best case it seemed to require manual editing. Another possibility is using FontStruct and seeing how accurately you can reconstruct it, but that would be fully manual.

I'd give it a shot myself, unfortunately I'm pretty swamped with uni work right now. If you're willing to wait I can probably give it a go sometime next week, i.e. in a few days. Otherwise feel free to do so yourself.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(06-09-2017, 10:05 PM)puggsoy Wrote: The main problem here is that "real" fonts, like TTF files, use vector "glyphs" which are scalable, while the ones on TSR are just bitmap images. These are often fine for games (lots of game engines support them), but for most other uses you will need them converted. Unfortunately converting from bitmap to vector is not really something you can automate.

The best thing I could really find is this question, where the best answer was using FontForge + AutoTrace. It seems promising enough, but even in the best case it seemed to require manual editing. Another possibility is using FontStruct and seeing how accurately you can reconstruct it, but that would be fully manual.

I'd give it a shot myself, unfortunately I'm pretty swamped with uni work right now. If you're willing to wait I can probably give it a go sometime next week, i.e. in a few days. Otherwise feel free to do so yourself.

Well it seems the font already exists! (thank god) It took a bit of searching but someone was able to identify it for me. Thanks for your help @iyenal & puggsoy
Thanked by:
Happy to see that you find it ! Is it Source Pro ?
Thanked by:
(06-10-2017, 12:06 PM)iyenal Wrote: Happy to see that you find it ! Is it Source Pro ?

lol, it is.
Thanked by: