Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Whip those pokeballs out of your pants: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon and Pokken Tournament DX

It's also confirmed that Pokemon Gold and Silver are coming to the 3DS virtual console, so if you want a bit of nostalgia instead of playing the more fleshed out HG/SS then by all means knock yourself out once that happens.

Personally, now I have a reason to get a switch just based on the fact that I was kind of holding off on getting any new Wii U games for awhile, seems like that's paying off.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
All seems rather meh really. I mean if Sun and Moon was on the Switch then maybe this would be news...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
I wouldn't be surprised if Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon ended up pulling some things out of left field.

Don't forget it's still fairly early given the circumstances for those two. I'd be damned if they didn't bother throwing in some new things into the mix besides the minimal footage we've been shown of it.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I'll keep my GBC carts as long as Pokemon Stadium isn't on VC :-\

As for UltraSun... I don't even know what it is.

"Here comes UltraSun and UltraMoon. They have more Pokemon, and an "alternate storyline." Whoa, you want actual details on how they differ from the originals? Sorry bud. Forty bucks to find out."
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Goemar
(06-06-2017, 02:27 PM)Kriven Wrote: I'll keep my GBC carts as long as Pokemon Stadium isn't on VC :-\

As for UltraSun... I don't even know what it is.

"Here comes UltraSun and UltraMoon. They have more Pokemon, and an "alternate storyline." Whoa, you want actual details on how they differ from the originals? Sorry bud. Forty bucks to find out."

It's not being released until November, and E3 is this month, so until then there's a LOT of time to cover what differences there are. Nobody would even buy the game if they didn't detail them.

Still, teasing is my least favorite form of game hype. I ended up skipping Black2/White2 in the past (even though they looked very interesting), so I may end up doing the same here unless new Alolan forms or new Pokemon in general are thrown into the mix. By the way they make it sound, it is mostly a minor tweaks and rearranging which Pokemon appear in the wild. Here's hoping they actually explain more at E3.

By the way, is it just me, or does it look like the main legendaries fused with Necrozma??
Thanked by:
*hears the words pokken and switch*

yep. getting a switch soon.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
Sun and Moon on the Switch is pointless I think. I don't really want to buy a Switch mid-generation because it's a bit steep for a handheld (I'd rather get a PS4 for Crash). The sequel looks like it'll reuse assets in like fashion to B2W2, which is fine as long as there's enough new content for the metagame to justify it - looks like Lycanroc and Mimikyu will have special moves. I'm wondering if we'll see new Alola forms.

I want to know where Crystal is?
Thanked by:
(06-06-2017, 03:40 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: It's not being released until November, and E3 is this month, so until then there's a LOT of time to cover what differences there are. 

I feel like what Nintendo has been doing the past couple of years is the video game equivalent to burying the lead... They come out with "announcements" and then refuse to show any substance for months, so all of their reveals just come across "And we got... Nothin!" It probably isn't a good strategy to underwhelm your audience as a first impression.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Cool 
Pokkén DX FTW! Seriously, the new fighters look awesome!
Thanked by: miyabi95_
So I was initially mad about the Pokken news because "oh look, it's literally the same game again, I sure hope the money I spent on the limited edition controller isn't wasted"

but it turns out it's only more portable AND it's compatible with the controller, but only when docked. I can live with that.

I am a little disappointed though that they went with Decidueye as a fighter and not Incineroar. I mean...Incineroar's literally King from Tekken
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I'm more surprised that we're not seeing an Ultra Beast get thrown into the mix.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(06-08-2017, 12:14 PM)DioShiba Wrote: I'm more surprised that we're not seeing an Ultra Beast get thrown into the mix.

Watch it happen for the Arcade version and totally not happening for the Switch version.

But the UB will be in the true definitive edition for 3DS.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
I hope it's Buzzwole, with all the posing and machismo he has in SM
Thanked by:
I feel like unless Ultra Sun and Moon can bring substantial differences over the original even more so than Black and White 2 did for gen 5, I'm going to give this one a pass. I'm much more interested in the HD Nintendo Switch game they said was in development.
Thanked by:
There hasn't been many details besides the event pikachu that's in game. But yeah I know what you mean there.

I'm kind of being optomistic about it to say the least only because I want to see if they'll at least add in a difficulty mode and maybe some other novelties like a new battle frontier or something to really make post game more fun.

That, and if they do add it in they won't pull some bullshit where you have to beat the game first to get a hard mode unlocked. That was such a dumb move on game freak's part.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: