Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes?
3D Modelling 
So, this has been bothering me for a long time and I'm no closer to finding a solution than from when I started. I've been wanting to extract models and textures from the actual Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game, but so far I have no idea how one would even acquire the filesystem of such a game. So I have three major questions.

1. How would one acquire the files of this game for research purposes?
2. How would one extract said files into assets for exploring?
3. How would one convert models/textures into common formats? Currently all I need is basically OBJ's with UV's and coordinating textures.

The two models I'd like to get are Zen-oh and Mechikabura.
Thanked by:
(05-18-2017, 05:32 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: So, this has been bothering me for a long time and I'm no closer to finding a solution than from when I started. I've been wanting to extract models and textures from the actual Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game, but so far I have no idea how one would even acquire the filesystem of such a game. So I have three major questions.

1. How would one acquire the files of this game for research purposes?
3. How would one convert models/textures into common formats? Currently all I need is basically OBJ's with UV's and coordinating textures.

The two models I'd like to get are Zen-oh and Mechikabura.

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30993.html

This thread will get you on your way!
Thanked by:
I'm referring to the actual Arcade release of the game. I'm aware of that thread, but it is for the 3DS version which lacks the most recent updates such as assist characters.
Thanked by:
(06-19-2017, 08:35 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: I'm referring to the actual Arcade release of the game. I'm aware of that thread, but it is for the 3DS version which lacks the most recent updates such as assist characters.

It's hard as hell to rip from an arcade game, and even then, you need the cabinet in your house (and they cost like REALLY much).

Maybe in the farthest future we will have ripped the ROM of the cabinet, but for now, we should accept ripping the 3DS ports.

(05-18-2017, 05:32 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: 1. How would one acquire the files of this game for research purposes?
That being said, we shouldn't be fatalistic and renounce to try, but I'm honestly very skeptical about it.
We should need more models, so I'm trying my best to help with new rips.
Thanked by:
In 2019 they will release a Nintendo Switch port of Super Dragonball Heroes called World Mission. I just hope those models are rippable
We should need more models, so I'm trying my best to help with new rips.
Thanked by: