Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
CheckPoint
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/che...int-series

CheckPoint is an organisation that connects mental health with videogames, both in the form of providing resources and information for game makers and players, as well as using and researching about using video games as mental healthcare.

(Check out their main website for more info than a generic summary I constructed from the front page.)

This Kickstarter is for an animated webseries. The first season will talk about various disorders and how their effects within the games industry. The information I'm sure is also very useful outside of it though.
The second season will be about how video games can be used as a beneficial tool for those who have mental disorders, as well as how to make games that represent those kind of illnesses to change how they are viewed.

I'm just summarizing this very briefly but I'd encourage people to take a look at the page and consider pledging. I don't want to make this a "pls be a kind person and DONATE TODAY" thread, I just think it's something that is legitimately worth sharing.

(Plus it's related to videogames so how could I not share it here Tongue)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: miyabi95_, PatientZero