Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Obscure rare games
List of obscure games you've seen or played
I've saw 
kingsley's adventure and punky skunky
two odd and rare obscure ps1 games.
Thanked by:
think i made an obscure game thread some time ago, or someone else did. oh well

i'd say clockwork knight is pretty obscure. the only ppl who have played are ppl who own a saturn...which is like one in every 500 ppl. lol
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: Kendotlibero
Umihara Kawase and Sutte Hakkun for SNES, Chalvo 55 for Game Boy.
They're all pretty fun and obscure I guess.

I do remember playing Kingley's Adventure aeons ago at some burger joint's kidz korner PS1. I remember it being really good-looking but not much else.
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:
look this list:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/digit...324.0.html
Thanked by:
Community Pom & Harmful Park (both PSX) come to mind.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
When I was a toddler. My dad had some interesting games for his old DOS computer. This was one of them:

A Taiwanese Street Fighter 2 ripoff. So blatant, they stole sound effects, traced over sprites, and made obvious knockoff characters.
The final boss, Red Man, is pretty much Blanka, if he was every offensive Native American stereotype you could imagine.
What's also bizarre, it's only English release was here in Australia as Fatal Encounter.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
(05-02-2017, 02:26 AM)JazzGW Wrote: think i made an obscure game thread some time ago, or someone else did. oh well

i'd say clockwork knight is pretty obscure. the only ppl who have played are ppl who own a saturn...which is like one in every 500 ppl. lol

I have magic knights rayearth would that be obscure or underrated
Thanked by:
meh, obscure and underrated are kind of the same words imo. besides the saturn is pretty underrated in the US due to poor sales. in japan however it flourished about as much as the PSX before the dreamcast's release. i can assure that many gamers in japan currently or have once owned a saturn
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(05-02-2017, 03:15 PM)JazzGW Wrote: meh, obscure and underrated are kind of the same words imo. besides the saturn is pretty underrated in the US due to poor sales. in japan however it flourished about as much as the PSX before the dreamcast's release. i can assure that many gamers in japan currently or have once owned a saturn

Yeah I like my saturn... to bad it console games died so early
I had a few good rare games on it
Another game we had during childhood.

Possibly the most obscure and rarest TMNT game around. It's  a shame too, because it is unique compared to what was out then.
This game follows the comics more than the cartoon, with stuff related to the original movie and tabletop RPGs thrown in as well.
Out of the cartoon, we only have the coloured masks, Bebop & Rocksteady as bosses, and caucasian Baxter Stockman in a cameo.
It can be easily found on many abandonware sites, with the copy protection hacked out. It's worth checking out for curiosity.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
That looks really awful... :/
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Kriven
(05-02-2017, 03:15 PM)JazzGW Wrote: meh, obscure and underrated are kind of the same words imo. besides the saturn is pretty underrated in the US due to poor sales. in japan however it flourished about as much as the PSX before the dreamcast's release. i can assure that many gamers in japan currently or have once owned a saturn

I can attest to this, I had a Saturn
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
It's not really rare or obscure, but you never hear about Ape Escape these days. Might get into that one this weekend.
Thanked by:
Isn't Ape Escape pretty much a 50p bargain bin game now? I'm not so sure about underrated as 'not that good' and shoved into people's faces so much that everyone just got damn sick of it.

For me CTR (Crash Team Racing) is pretty underrated. I mean at the time EVERY PlayStation owner had it. It was great. Thanks to the PS-Store it isn't hard to get hold of but man, does it not seem to get much love now days. Like the older Mario Karts - everyone loves those, CTR - not so much.

The fact that it isn't joining the Crash remasters (and no one but me is upset about this) is absolutely criminal.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Mizzurna Falls and Vampire - Kyuuketsuki Densetsu looks obscure and interesting games... but I kinda wish I know Japanese tho
Thanked by: