Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Corrupted PNG File Help
I've been working on one of my custom sprite projects when my computer suddently shut downed. Ever since, when I try to open the file, every program (Paint, Irfanview, Photoshop, etc) I try can't open the sprite sheet and states that it's an unknown file format. I did use a few image repair programs with no avail. I worked for this on and off for a few months so I'd rather not have to remake everything from scratch... Can any of you tech savvy people help me? I'd be really greatful if so.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/44em2657j4...covery.png
I should really start to make backups of my sprites   Unsure
Thanked by:
What OS are you working on? Some of the more recent Windows OS have a way to find previous versions of files.

Also just checked your file with a hex editor, it's blank, meaning nothing is on it.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(04-22-2017, 07:29 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: What OS are you working on? Some of the more recent Windows OS have a way to find previous versions of files.

Also just checked your file with a hex editor, it's blank, meaning nothing is on it.

Well shit. I use windows 10 if that's of any help
Thanked by:
I know crap about 10 but on 7 under a file's Properties is a tab called Previous Versions. I guess if 10 has it or an equivalent, it'd be a good start.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(04-22-2017, 07:41 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: I know crap about 10 but on 7 under a file's Properties is a tab called Previous Versions. I guess if 10 has it or an equivalent, it'd be a good start.

States no backup available. Seems like a lost cause  Blank
Thanked by: