Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
M&L:PJ styled Smash Bros. customs
It's been a long time since I've done serious sprite work, so I figured I'd ask for some tips and insight on my current project.

Basically I'm working on a free-to-play Smash Bros. RPG and decided on the sprite style of Mario & Luigi Paper Jam/Dream Team since I really enjoy the look. So for starters, here's Lucas in the style. I do see things I could do to improve it, but some outside opinions and pointers are wanted of course!

Most Recent EDIT
[Image: 62cdc4ec0d.png]
Thanked by:
It looks good. But I think the shirt could use a little more shading. Maybe its just me though.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
Lucas' shoes should be raised up a pixel to match the perspective of the other characters a tad more.

[Image: xROyo1N.png]
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by:
It could be just me pulling an all nighter, but those pants look slightly pillowed to be honest.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
His hair needs more definition and pop. I also think, for the size of the head, the eyes are too big.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Was a bit busy the past few days thanks to job hunting, but I have managed to tweak Lucas based on critiques and what was bothering me as well.

[Image: f0c88dfbd4.png]
+Changes to hair to make it rounder on the side and better definition of the front and back
+Shortened eyes/redid ears entirely
+Tweaks to shirt including shading and stripe changes
+Shading to shorts changed up/shoes given a few extra pixels
Thanked by:
It definitely looks better. Nice job.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
While waiting a day to see if I'm satisfied with Lucas' changes, I decided to belt out another character in the meantime. I went with Zelda to try a more human-looking character in the style since, well, Peach is literally the only character that's even close to human proportioned. Most likely going to change up the white colors when I make tweaks and edits.

[Image: c852b67768.png]
Zelda's face looks a bit too round and the arms seem to bend in a weird way.
Thanked by:
Hey-o, I return after real life stuff kept me distracted and busy from working on this some more. While I did some tweaks to Zelda (her edits will be in the first post), I'd rather show the cardinal directions I've done for Lucas first:

[Image: 8f33471036.png]

I'm fairly content with the side-views, however, the back sprite is not quite up to snuff. Namely the hair's shading is bothering although I'm not quite sure how to go about fixing it. Thoughts?
Thanked by:
*kicks thread* Okay doke, back with new additions: ROB, Kirby and Sonic.

[Image: 62cdc4ec0d.png]

I'm not quite content with Kirby's look and parts of Sonic could use some tweaks, but I'm at least positive with how ROB turned out. His base was definitely the hardest part to get done.
Thanked by: Ton, miyabi95_