Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yooka-Laylee textures
Question 
I've been trying to rip the demo game textures by using Unity Studio, but none of the textures can be viewed properly, they're completely black. All of them. How do I fix this?

[Image: 8qi8lg.png]

And it's a mystery, because the textures clearly work when playing the game.[Image: TEDcEV.png]
Thanked by:
I too would like this figured out rather soon.

Have you tried capturing them from in-game with some other method?
Thanked by:
(04-03-2017, 12:13 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: I too would like this figured out rather soon.

Have you tried capturing them from in-game with some other method?

I don't know about any other methods. The textures are in .dds, the only software that allows me to see them is Unity Studio. Any other Unity based doesn't read it. And even if I convert them, they would still be black...  Sad

Here are the asset files: Dropbox
Thanked by:
can you extract the DDS files out in their untouched original state?
could be that they're either your typical DDS file but with an external CLUT or something, or that the program you're using just can't parse that specific subgenre of DDS files properly
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:
(04-05-2017, 08:11 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: can you extract the DDS files out in their untouched original state?
could be that they're either your typical DDS file but with an external CLUT or something, or that the program you're using just can't parse that specific subgenre of DDS files properly

Well, I managed to extract the .tex files with the Unity Asset Explorer, that seems to be the default format. However, just like Unity Studio, while converting to .dds, they're black. Apparently, this is a common problem with Unity 5 games' textures. I will try with QuickBMS.
Maybe the answer is in the .mat file?

UPDATE: Finally did it! All thanks to UnityEXBig Grin

[Image: 80N9IsY.png][Image: KYZ37uw.jpg]
Thanked by: puggsoy, Filler
Is it me, or do the textures look a bit jpeged-out? Not the jpg texture, but the PNG one.

Surprised they didn't make the textures 4096x4096 for people with 4K monitors.
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by: