Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How To Open Sonic Generations Eyes In Blender
Does ANyone Know How The Open The Characters Eyes From Sonic Generations In Blender
Thanked by:
The character models from Sonic Generations are in .dae format, which means they are rigged with a bone system. Because of the way that the eyes work, the T-pose for the characters have their eyes closed. However, the eyes do have bones attached to them, meaning that in order to open them, you'll need to move their bones to open them.

[Image: vvgz8md.png]
Thanked by: DrPapier
I know this was last posted in months ago, but I was hoping I could get help with opening the eyes. (I've tried researching the problem and this was the only forum I could find) I'm relatively new to Blender, and I am having difficulty locating/using the bones that move the eyelids- or do I have to construct the bones to move the eyelids myself? When I import the .dae file for a sonic character into Blender, this is what comes up (i hope the image actually works lmao)

There appears to be a shadow_eyelid object, but I'm not seeing any bones like what appears to be in your image. I did unzip the file that I got from the model's resource, and I'm not sure if that may have caused it.

Do you think it would be easier to troubleshoot this in 3DS Max?

Any help would be appreciated! c:
Thanked by:
(01-08-2018, 04:16 PM)DrPapier Wrote: I know this was last posted in months ago, but I was hoping I could get help with opening the eyes. (I've tried researching the problem and this was the only forum I could find) I'm relatively new to Blender, and I am having difficulty locating/using the bones that move the eyelids- or do I have to construct the bones to move the eyelids myself? When I import the .dae file for a sonic character into Blender, this is what comes up (i hope the image actually works lmao)

There appears to be a shadow_eyelid object, but I'm not seeing any bones like what appears to be in your image. I did unzip the file that I got from the model's resource, and I'm not sure if that may have caused it.

Do you think it would be easier to troubleshoot this in 3DS Max?

Any help would be appreciated! c:

I'm probably waay too late but I also had the same issue, it was only recently that I figured it out. 

1) first of all you need to update blender to a version beyond 2.8. 
2) then you download blender source tools (not sure if I am allowed to post a link but it is from the valve developer (software) community, you know its the right link if you see some TF2 characters as the banner). 
3) Download the link but DO NOT UNZIP.
4) Open blender, go on the edit tab, then preferences, then add on, then click install
5) find the location of the ZIP file of blender source tools and double click. If you done it right, blender source tool should be the only add-on shown. 
6) Click the tick box to the left off "blender source tool" add on
7) close it
8) Import the SMD file (not DAE)
9) if you are on the most recent version of blender, go on the animate tab, then pose mode and now you can edit/animate the eye lids
Thanked by: