Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DeviantART
A.K.A. home to the internet's largest community of creepy-ass fetishists and original characters with a big fucking F in originality.

Despite that, however, there are some very talented artists on that website that I admire (Wouldn't be on DA without them).

If you use DeviantART, what are your most admired artists there? It's a creepy place but I want to focus on the good shit, ya know.
[Image: OK9g6f1.jpg]
Thanked by:
I don't know when and how DeviantART became "weird", but I noticed it, that somehow, that place began to change in terms of quality and "picture types" (sadly in a kinda bad way).

When I started to be active on DeviantART, it was smaller and not that much known I guess? However, the amount of "weirdness" on there is really noticeable and I feel a little ashamed actually now to be on that platform Shy , as people think, I would be part of that group of "weird people" Tongue .

However, People I like to see new stuff from are DAV (amazing art style, mostly anime stuff) and my friend Cyangmou (who works on the graphics of a indie game called Tower 57, which looks very well animated and detailed).

As for myself, I show every kind of work (artworks and concept, fan arts and original character art which actually don't look like copy-pasta characters, pixel and traditional art).
Thanked by: Cooper
Do any of you know how to edit and animate digitized sprites?
Like Pit Fighter / Mortal Kombat?
Thanked by:
Quote:Do any of you know how to edit and animate digitized sprites?

Huh Embarassed ? To edit sprites you use your pixel/graphic program of choice (mine is GraphicsGale for example) and then... well, you modify the graphics, which you/someone have ripped from the games.

This is how GraphicsGale looks like:
However, those two games used pictures of figures/people/models and put those in form of sprites into their games, so I don't think editing them would be that easy and good. Because of those "photo sprites", the sprite style will be properly to hard too replicate. For animations, I also use GraphicsGale, but for that, you have to pay for a full version of it, to be able to export animated .gif files.

Wait, what does this have to do with DeviantART again Cute ?
(03-03-2017, 06:18 AM)adriano gt Wrote: Do any of you know how to edit and animate digitized sprites?

Uh...No. This is not the place for that. Go ask someone on DA.
Thanked by:
I had a Deviantart page like 4 or 5 years ago, but I didn't really like the people there and let the page die. I tried again early last year to bring it back, but was still unsatisfied with the website.
(03-03-2017, 01:47 PM)cloud6625 Wrote: I had a Deviantart page like 4 or 5 years ago, but I didn't really like the people there and let the page die. I tried again early last year to bring it back, but was still unsatisfied with the website.

Understandable. So long as there are websites there will be bad people on them.
Thanked by:
so i started a deviantART account when i was about 12 back in 2008. made a few "buddies" while i was there but then i kinda got bored of it and closed it. i do have a newer account but i only ever lurk around dA these days. while it is a little odd to come across a freedom planet and sonic crossover made by someone who was probably 10-12, i just keep in mind that i DEFINITELY had one of those phases growing up. heck, we all probably have.

but...

(rest of this is a bit NSFW, read at your own caution. i'm not telling you to read this so don't get mad at me okay)

also, here's someone who i recently discovered: http://henriettalamb.deviantart.com/ he's an awesome dude who draws really cute stuff~ check out his comic if you like anime, MLP and other cute animal cartoons!
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
It's what you do best and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm fine with Tumblr though. I'll take it over Youtube's community anyday.

I've also been moving away from DA a bit myself. I find myself having more to do here.

I admire this artist you've showed me! I'm really digging the linework.
Thanked by: miyabi95_
I've had an account for six years now. Only started uploading stuff in 2015 after a guy from the Sonic spriting community found me.
Besides uploading sprites, and some artwork. I also enjoy making stuff with MMD and XNA. (Have yet to do the same with SFM)

With this year, I've started to buy commissions from there by some really friendly artists. Though I only go for the ones that use PayPal.
I'm also on a waiting list for a commission due in April by Shoxxe. He specializes on scuba diving themed artwork. Mostly of female characters.
Decided to ask for one after missing out on his free requests for Christmas. Poor guy got bombarded by too many idiots.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Those artists have some really good shading techniques, as well as use of color.
Thanked by: Dolphman
I remember when our very own Metaru was put in charge of doing the Featured Artworks for sprites.

He made sure to choose good pieces of art and not just popular shit. They fired him for doing that lmao.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
I'm losing most of my patience and love for DeviantART. I'll level with you. My crush is the only reason I'm still there. I closed the Tabuu account and made one called MoltenLavaGames. It's mostly for my games and some personal stuff. All I can say is "meh". Nobody gives a shit unless you're drawing what's "it".
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
so i decided to bring my sfw art to dA. lol
http://jiyako.deviantart.com
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
You have very cute art. Genki ^_^

For a few weeks, I've been on a DA chat with a friendly group of Felicia fans, hosted by NekoHybrid.
He's doing a series of artworks based around catgirl versions of Capcom's ladies. Though, only the ones he likes.

[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Cooper