Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Any idea to rip this game?
Question 
I'm new in this, so I ask for help to rip an Indie game called "Spelunky" the classic version, I can't find the right program that allows me to do it, any help? Smile
Thanked by:
First off, what version do you have? I recommend the Steam version since you should have access to all the files from the common folder.

If it is, send a file our way and we'll see what happens from there.
[Image: OK9g6f1.jpg]
Thanked by: Pingus!
(03-01-2017, 01:44 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote: First off, what version do you have? I recommend the Steam version since you should have access to all the files from the common folder.

If it is, send a file our way and we'll see what happens from there.
He said "classic" version, though, the one on Steam is the remastered/HD version.

That being said, the developer released the source code for the game on his site, so it's safe to say that would be your easiest method of getting at the sprites and such from that game. Tongue
Or, if all else fails, try a memory dump and see if you can find the graphics in there.
Thanked by:
Ah right. But if the classic one's on PC the files should hopefully be accessible.

EDIT: I found it! It's Spelunky World that's being referred to. I'm gonna check to see if I can access the files.
Thanked by:
(03-01-2017, 02:13 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote: Ah right. But if the classic one's on PC the files should hopefully be accessible.
Everything's packed into a single .EXE, but I edited my post with another suggestion.
Thanked by:
(03-01-2017, 02:13 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 02:13 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote: Ah right. But if the classic one's on PC the files should hopefully be accessible.
Everything's packed into a single .EXE, but I edited my post with another suggestion.

I think I have something that can extract from Game Maker games. Lemme go check.
Thanked by:
(03-01-2017, 02:20 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 02:13 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

I think I have something that can extract from Game Maker games. Lemme go check.
Well, using OffZip on the source file and then ferreting through with TiledGGD also works if the other method doesn't.
[Image: nXnpP7O.png]

(EDIT: And I'm sure someone could write up a QuickBMS script to parse through those and apply proper texture headers, making it even easier to extract.)
Thanked by: Kepabra
(03-01-2017, 02:23 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 02:20 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 02:13 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Everything's packed into a single .EXE, but I edited my post with another suggestion.

Well, using OffZip on the source file and then ferreting through with TiledGGD also works if the other method doesn't.

Oh that works! I have offzip so I'll try it out.

Not to mention the program I was looking for only worked on RPG Maker Games. Sorry about that haha. ^^;
(03-01-2017, 02:25 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 02:23 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 02:20 PM)TwisterWithATrickster Wrote: I think I have something that can extract from Game Maker games. Lemme go check.

Oh that works! I have offzip so I'll try it out.

Not to mention the program I was looking for only worked on RPG Maker Games. Sorry about that haha. ^^;

So, the programs I need to rip those sprites, are the Offzip and the TiledGGD? I still don't get it
Thanked by:
(03-02-2017, 12:39 AM)Kepabra Wrote: So, the programs I need to rip those sprites, are the Offzip and the TiledGGD? I still don't get it
I'm currently checking through to see if there's an easier way to get at 'em. If there is, I'll post it here.