Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Worst Mario Kart Tracks
Mario Kart.

It's had some good tracks and it's had some bad.

Some bad tracks can turn out good if reworked just right.

So if you folks had to take one of your most hated Mario Kart tracks of the series (ex. mine's Lakeside Park. FUCK THAT ONE TURN.) and bring it back for a future Mario Kart game (or DLC), what would it be?
[Image: OK9g6f1.jpg]
Thanked by:
I don't really hate any tracks in Mario Kart, but if I had to choose, I guess Wario's Gold Mine. But they already tried to bring it back in 8 (and it still sucked imo)... Sooo, maybe Waluigi Stadium?

A side nominee is Kalimari Desert, not because it sucked, but because it was a cool map that I would love to be extended and expanded upon similarly to how Moo Moo Meadows has changed over time.
Thanked by: Cooper
probably just songs from tracks that i don't remember.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
yeah, I don't objectively hate any tracks really except SNES Rainbow Road but if there's ever a track I absolutely begrudged growing up with Yoshi's Valley in MarioKart 64, what with the game overdoing it with RAM causing the game not to display the place markers properly and thus minimaps didn't properly display

since then they've brought it back and there's enough system RAM to properly make the track work, so it's not so bad anymore I guess
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Cooper, Shade
the worst Mario kart track is the Yoshi track from the DS game that's basically a circle.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Cooper
SNES rainbow road and any ghost level grrrr
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Cooper
(02-15-2017, 11:58 AM)Omega Wrote: the worst Mario kart track is the Yoshi track from the DS game that's basically a circle.

You mean Yoshi Falls. Yeah, it's pretty bland.
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Revisiting Mario Kart 64 4 player is kind of weird. Like Nintendo, add the music to the tracks man, lazy gits...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Cooper, Kriven
Yeah Yoshi falls was a pretty boring one but that isn't really enough for me to dislike it as a whole.

Thinking about it more and more though I think Maple Treeway was the one that I hated the most because I always found myself getting confused with that track.

(02-15-2017, 12:10 PM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: SNES rainbow road

I'm probably going to be the only one who enjoys that track just because of how fun it is to fuck people over on this level.

Granted I could get fucked over as well but this is why I'm so amused by it. If we want to talk about shit tier rainbow raods though then I have no problem saying that I didn't like the mario kart 7 incarnation of it. What would have been a potientially beautiful track got bogged down to being a one lap course. Same reason why I didn't like the remake of the N64 Rainbow road in mario kart 8.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
(02-15-2017, 04:28 PM)DioShiba Wrote: I'm probably going to be the only one who enjoys that track just because of how fun it is to fuck people over on this level.

Granted I could get fucked over as well but this is why I'm so amused by it. If we want to talk about shit tier rainbow raods though then I have no problem saying that I didn't like the mario kart 7 incarnation of it. What would have been a potientially beautiful track got bogged down to being a one lap course. Same reason why I didn't like the remake of the N64 Rainbow road in mario kart 8.

listen, thomps never needed invincibility stars. they just don't. who even gave them those stars, anyway.

actually I'd say my least favorite version of Rainbow Road, ruling out the SNES one is probably the GBA one; mainly because I can't remember it at all
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
(02-16-2017, 10:42 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 04:28 PM)DioShiba Wrote: I'm probably going to be the only one who enjoys that track just because of how fun it is to fuck people over on this level.

listen, thomps never needed invincibility stars. they just don't. who even gave them those stars, anyway.

actually I'd say my least favorite version of Rainbow Road, ruling out the SNES one is probably the GBA one; mainly because I can't remember it at all

But the star thwomps are what made it so fun to fuck people over on that track >=).

I kind of know what you mean about the gba one though, Like alot of the borders being jumping points just made it ridiculous to drive on at certain points on top of the crazy layout of it.

Though I did like the lighting clouds on that track.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
I imagine that if the GBA Rainbow Road was remade, most of it is a halfpipe instead of having the ramps on the sides. The two jumps can easily be replaced by a gliding section too. The return of Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario as a cameo would be a nice bonus. Maybe even have the entire track be a bit Paper Mario themed, so it stands out amongst the other 3 Rainbow Roads in MK8.

Also, I like SNES Rainbow Road.

But this isn't a topic about tracks we like. Ehh...
Ehh...
Thing is, there aren't any tracks I straight up hate. There were, like Grumble Volcano and Neo Bowser City, but I've grown to like these tracks, simply because others screw up too. Making no mistakes on harder tracks, especially on 200cc, is so damn satisfying. I guess my least favorite tracks are the more simple ones then, like Figure-8 Circuit.

The worst thing about Mario Kart in general is that nobody plays 200cc online in MK8 anymore.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Honestly while we're on the subject of mario kart 8, gonna be totally honest after I heard about the deluxe version for the switch I've kind of grown to dislike mario kart 8 because it's kind of become a game that feels incomplete in that sense.

Don't get me wrong there were some parts of the game that I did like but it's almost like that they left out certain features on purpose because they weren't sure if the Wii U couldn't handle it.

It kind of blows because there were some things that I liked about Mario Kart 8 too.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
i remember a volcano-themed track in super circuit that i just COULD NOT win a race in. it's literally the only mario kart track that's ever made me ragequit.

(it was probably the 150cc difficulty too)
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
(02-17-2017, 01:25 AM)JazzGW Wrote: i remember a volcano-themed track in super circuit that i just COULD NOT win a race in. it's literally the only mario kart track that's ever made me ragequit.

(it was probably the 150cc difficulty too)

Which is Lakeside Park that I mentioned when I created this thread, and is indeed my most hated track.

FUCK THAT TURN. FUCK IT TO FUCKING HELL.
Thanked by: miyabi95_