Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Classic-Styled Rainmeter Skins
https://thewolfbunny.deviantart.com/gall...eter-Skins

With these special skins that I created by myself for all you gamers, you will finally have the ability to display the time and date in style of the many video games you love. All these skins are compatible with Rainmeter, the popular desktop customization tool for Windows 7/8/10. Now you're telling the time and date with power! Retro power!

By the way, if you don't have Rainmeter at the moment, download the latest version (version 4.1) here:
https://www.rainmeter.net/

Stay tuned and stay subscribed to this special creativity thread for I will continue to upload retro skins for my hard-worked Rainmeter skin folder. As of the updated thread, there are now 100 skins to choose from! I hope you'll like it! Enjoy!!
Sprite ripper, Rainmeter maker, and Game Boy palette creator! At your service, VG-Resource!
Thanked by:
All You Gamers

you've made an absolute shitton of these and that's worth the commendation (they're really neat!), but if I could make a suggestion (though it might be too late...? You could always release these as 2.0's)
Most of these are just numbers, and it looks kinda naked.

[Image: e75ce07edc.png]

The thumbnails on Deviantart have little sprites and whatnot - it'd be neat if you could include a little more of the background of the respective game and a sprite, too so it's a little more obvious what it's from.
Here's a quick-and-dirty example I made using Tetris Attack assets from a few screengrabs.

[Image: 74a95bf427.png]

Really livens it up, doesn't it? Plus, you can easily gauge exactly what game it's from!
Odds are you can do it by just adding another image as a layer so the user can impose one over the other (plus, that'll let you make different "skins" for each - like toggling between Yoshi, Lakitu, Wiggler etc)

It'd also give those idol management sim mashups a little more appeal since you can finally give the masses the OTP they've been looking for since the air date of Sunshine

[Image: 8eecaa0877.png]
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Kendotlibero
(02-13-2017, 01:10 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [Image: 8eecaa0877.png]
"king K.Rool stole the bananas, but they will never stole my love for you, donkey" -Yoshiko 2017
anyway you made a decent work, pal... If you can you could add some backgrounds to the clocks too.
Thanked by: Kosheh, Garamonde
A huge update for those who downloaded my Rainmeter skins, and I thank you all for the support over the months. The clocks are now joined by a calendar, and no, it is never too late for updates. I now have 100 skins as I speak.
https://thewolfbunny.deviantart.com/gall...eter-Skins

(02-13-2017, 01:10 PM)Kosheh Wrote: All You Gamers

you've made an absolute shitton of these and that's worth the commendation (they're really neat!), but if I could make a suggestion (though it might be too late...? You could always release these as 2.0's)
Most of these are just numbers, and it looks kinda naked.

[Image: e75ce07edc.png]

The thumbnails on Deviantart have little sprites and whatnot - it'd be neat if you could include a little more of the background of the respective game and a sprite, too so it's a little more obvious what it's from.
Here's a quick-and-dirty example I made using Tetris Attack assets from a few screengrabs.

[Image: 74a95bf427.png]

Really livens it up, doesn't it? Plus, you can easily gauge exactly what game it's from!
Odds are you can do it by just adding another image as a layer so the user can impose one over the other (plus, that'll let you make different "skins" for each - like toggling between Yoshi, Lakitu, Wiggler etc)

It'd also give those idol management sim mashups a little more appeal since you can finally give the masses the OTP they've been looking for since the air date of Sunshine

[Image: 8eecaa0877.png]
It's never too late to update. Because now, I've upgraded my skins dramatically.
Sprite ripper, Rainmeter maker, and Game Boy palette creator! At your service, VG-Resource!
Thanked by:
Whoops! Closed the wrong thread.
I'll tack Dio's post onto the old topic, soooo um.
Reopening the old one.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: