Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My headset's right cup is really quiet all the sudden.
I've got Logitech G430s and noticed last night that they're not playing out of the right ear very loudly. I thought they weren't playing at all, but after messing around a bit, I found that by turning off audio on the left entirely and turning volume to max on the right and the volume settings, I can hear a very quiet whisper of what I should be hearing. I reinstalled the drivers and tried to reset the default volume settings on windows. Any ideas from here?
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
sounds like you might have a loose connection in the actual earpiece, sounds dumb, but have you tried shaking them while they're on? Not guaranteed to work by any means, but if it does you'll know that's the problem.
I don't think there's any real way to pop them open and resolder the connection though, not really user-serviceable.

Less likely, but it's possible the magnet or the cone in the earcup has gotten "stuck", technically it's not like it's physically jammed, it's the electro-magnetic...ness of it. (I'm not a magnet scientist)
That's just a case of putting a strong signal into it (just turn the volume up really high) and giving them a bit of a shake and a smack.

That's literally the same way you'll see someone fix an amp by just giving it a kick, "Percussive maintenance", surprisingly that really does fix things sometimes.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: psychospacecow
No such luck I'm afraid. I think it might be a pinched bit of wire in the cable, because I've had a problem of it folding back into a natural position for a year or two. It had a good run at least.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: