Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Borderlands 1, 2, Pre-Sequel models
I've got access and ease to pretty much all of the Borderlands models and I've figured out very easy ways to rip and export them. I can get all types from the first two, but from the pre-sequel I can really only do rigged characters since static objects are accessible unfortunately. I've got a few that I definitely plan to upload, and I'm very surprised to see that nothing is uploaded, honestly. Here's what i've got planned as a start:

-All BL1 Vault Hunters
-All BL1 Bosses
-All BL2 Vault Hunters
-All major BL2 NPCs
-All BLPS Vault Hunters
-All Major BLPS NPCS (including Claptastic Voyage)

This is all I plan to do for now, but my big question and what I hope to hear answers about is this:
What format should I upload these in? I was considering uploading in .dae format considering most programs people use should support it, but can .obj files support skeletal mesh? What format can I upload it in that preserves the skeleton as well as creates ease of access across multiple programs? I use Autodesk Maya 2014.

just as an fyi as well, I know I am new but I have been using the models and sounds resource for a pretty long time now and I just love what everyone has done to help each other here. having access to console exclusive models has blessed my heart Heart
Thanked by:
I like dae its Support bones and for static objekts i use obj. Obj do not Support bones.
Thanked by: Keroa
How did you rip the models? If you ripped them from console what did you use?
From lonleyglobe0
[Image: 55e.gif]
Thanked by:
Gildors Unmodel, its suport ps3 and x-box 360.
You are need Studiomax and a Actor x plugin to Import psk mesesh.
I am only ripping PC games, but i thing its the same way for console.
Thanked by:
Out of curiosity, which version of Borderlands are you ripping from, PC / 360 / PS3? I only ask because I'm doing some more for the 360 Borderlands 2 category
Thanked by:
(01-30-2017, 08:44 PM)Ecelon Wrote: Out of curiosity, which version of Borderlands are you ripping from, PC / 360 / PS3? I only ask because I'm doing some more for the 360 Borderlands 2 category

i ripped them from the pc version. unforunately however, i actually can't do anything about all this now....... my student license for maya ended an hour ago and now i have to figure out getting it back :') sobs,,,,
Thanked by:
Use the 3D studio max its free for students.
Thanked by: