Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Part way to finding a vertex header, need some pointers to go the rest of the way
I'm trying to extract some of the wanzer models from Front Mission 4 but I'm having trouble locating their vertex header either through savestates or individual files. Originally, I couldn't grasp the details of model extraction and tried to leave the effort to the guy from PS23DFormat who did meet with some success- he identified the terrain vertex header and managed to create an unpacker for the games archive. After months of silence, though, it became clear that I couldn't simply sit back and would have to continue on my own. Thus far, I have gone through the xentax guides and cobbled together a basic python script that creates vertices from three consecutive values read in from a file but haven't managed to locate the vertex header for the mechs which I want to extract. I'm at a loss for what my next step should be- I tried to swap parts of the mechs around and then use a file comparison program but so many values changed it wasn't possible for me to locate a header, I tried poking around vertex clouds made form every variant of longs, shorts, and floats in hopes of working backwards but haven't seen anything recognizable. Should I go back to sifting through cheat engine for floats? Alter the range of my python script? Keep looking through the vertex clouds? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanked by:
It'd be easier if you were to extract the files and locate which file type stores the models you're looking for.
If you're able to find such files, you can post them here and I'll take a glance at it.
Thanked by:
(01-25-2017, 05:32 AM)TGE Wrote: It'd be easier if you were to extract the files and locate which file type stores the models you're looking for.
If you're able to find such files, you can post them here and I'll take a glance at it.

That is true, I should see how to open multiple with python. It would be easier to sift through a few files worth of vertices and false positives rather than an entire savestates worth.
Thanked by:
I gave up and just used PCSX2ModelConverter 1.0.

[Image: wsqNrIp.png]
Thanked by: