Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario Odyssey Discussion
Sup People, 

Just had a look at the Super Mario Odyssey trailer and I thought it looked sick. It looks very open world (maybe not Final 
Fantasy XV level) and the graphics is very vibrant. I thought that the game really brings Mario into a world that is very relatable to us. I don't own a Wii U, but if I did, it would be the first game that I would buy. What do y'all think?  Wink[Image: NintendoSwitch_SuperMarioOdyssey_Present...pgcopy.jpg]
Thanked by:
i really like the title. i'm glad they didn't go for something stale like "new super mario land/world" or something. odyssey makes me think "wow, this is mario's BIGGEST adventure yet!"
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
Uh ... the game isn't for the Wii U, it's for the Switch, and nobody owns one yet ...
Thanked by: Guy
This probably would be the one of the only two or three games that would make a switch worth getting at launch. Other than that personally I can wait to get this.

Far as the game itself, I'm impressed. it actually feels like nintendo is putting the effort into making a new mario game that doesn't feel as constricted as the last couple of titles. Also New Donk City is more like New Dank City to me, I can literally see a bunch of mario is from brooklyn memes popping up in a heartbeat.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I've never been more excited for a video game in a long time, this is probably up there with Final Fantasy 7's remake for me.
hey i havent had a signature for a while
hi my name is Davis or Ark Kuvis or Megaluigi4 (its been years since I gone by that one)
i talk about video games a lot and i mostly lurk vg resource
hey if you like my posts why not up rep me that'd be cool thanks =)
Thanked by:
I think the game looks (and will play) good. But I'm just indifferent about realistic human characters in a Mario game.

They could of at least made them cartooned out to fit in.
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by:
(01-15-2017, 02:50 AM)Filler Wrote: But I'm just indifferent about realistic human characters in a Mario game.
I like the contrast, same for the realistic forest. It's different and refreshing, the other stages are probably also super-individual.

This game will be my must-have for the Switch, even before Zelda & Xenoblade.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Just want to let you guys know the Mario sports games exist. "Realistic" humans aren't exactly new.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
What? Plum wasn't "realistic," Harry wasn't "realistic." None of the Mario Sports OCs were realistic. They were more anime than Mario and Luigi, sure, but they weren't outside of the style as dictated by the Princess character designs. What's going on in New Donk City is Sonic Adventure levels of blocky, generic, "real" human beings, which is something new for the Mario gang. The closest you can compare it to is Mario, Luigi, and Peach showing up in NBA Street V3, which was a little uncanny in its own way.

I'm not saying I don't like the idea in concept (and I think Nintendo has before, even if only jokingly, stated that Mario is not a Homo Sapien), but to compare it with the stylized cartoon sports characters is more than a little misleading.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
(01-14-2017, 09:33 PM)Jermungandr Wrote: Uh ... the game isn't for the Wii U, it's for the Switch, and nobody owns one yet ...

My bad
Thanked by:
yo super mario '06 looks wild

[Image: 2b63ba645d.png]

also "new donk city" is the best name i've ever seen used in any form of media ever
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: puggsoy, Kriven, Guy
i know it's probably from whatever alien thing invaded his head, but i really love how mario's hat bounces on and off. it's kinda cute, and it's something we haven't seen since super mario world.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(01-15-2017, 10:53 PM)Kosheh Wrote: yo super mario '06 looks wild

also "new donk city" is the best name i've ever seen used in any form of media ever
Lol I now realized that. "New Donk City" XD
Thanked by:
(01-16-2017, 12:46 AM)Urban732 Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 10:53 PM)Kosheh Wrote: yo super mario '06 looks wild

Lol I now realized that. "New Donk City" XD

IDK, I keep on thinking of New Dank City whenever I hear the name.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Guy
i fail to see the problem in New Dank City
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]