Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What do you enjoy?
Very straightforward title, but somehow there's no thread for it, so let's fix this

What are the small things you do that you really enjoy, but there are no main threads for you to discuss? For example, I enjoy reading/watching about folklore and cultures (especially germanic/norse cultures), and I enjoy European landscapes (fjords, autumn forests and aurora borealis are especially breathtaking).

I also enjoy etymology, that is, the origin of words and studying ancient languages (albeit I read about them very casually, I am far from being an expert).

Additionally I enjoy hot weather and petrichor (smell of rain) - how about you?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
I enjoy graveyards and memorial parks. They're very peaceful to walk around in. Egyptology and Medieval times are another source of enjoyment to me as well.
[Image: OK9g6f1.jpg]
Thanked by: Gors
i only leave the house for college or when my folks go out, but i really enjoy shopping in boutiques. i live in a part of the US where you can find them on every corner. mixing and matching outfits is fun, even when i wear outfits that i shouldn't wear out, it's still fun to try new combinations.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Although I don't do it as a hobby and mostly for my own lunch or family dinner, I do find cooking can be quite fun. Listening to music or a podcast and chopping ingredients can be nice, and then ending up with a tasty meal is really satisfying.

I also really enjoy teaching people or helping them with things I'm good at. At uni I work as a tutor (at least I did last year and hopefully will this year too), both in labs and also at an extra study session on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Even though I get paid it's still just fun to help people understand concepts and it feels so good.
That's also why I'm making the thread mentioned here, to have fun sharing my experience in more hobby-ish stuff rather than what's specifically taught at university.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Gors
Since I started my apprenticeship and earn my own money, I like to look around and shop some computer or console related stuff. It's wierd, because before that, I despised stuff like that. But now I take at least 3-4 hours just looking around for stuff Big Grin .

I also enjoy everything related to hidden, prototype or glitch stuff in games and their reason why they happen or why stuff got cut out. It's like finding a secret treasure and the glitch stuff makes me understand how these games sometimes work. Not the most usefull knowledge to have, I know Embarassed .

I also like to eat different types of goulash, beef roulade, pancakes, cauliflower in cream sauce, champignons and also bami goreng Genki ^_^ .
(01-13-2017, 05:17 AM)Hiro-sofT Wrote: But now I take at least 3-4 hours just looking around for stuff Big Grin .
Same here, specifically PC parts/tvs/monitors and mobile phones. Although, I'm rarely buying stuff because I'm really picky.

Also I really enjoy the corner yogurts that you can buy for 27 cents (at least in Germany), I'm daily looking forward to eat these things.

Other joy... probably gaming, especially simpler & shorter stuff like Shantae: Half Genie Hero. The vast open world games are tiring me out somehow. I also noticed that I like watching others playing games more than playing games by myself. Pretty sure I watched more GameGrumps than playing games in the last two years.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
I like model railroading. Something about seeing a small train going around in circles, endlessly, is just very relaxing to me.
I personally go for the HO scale models, as they're not frustratingly tiny like N scale, but not as massive as G scale. it's just right.
[Image: jcKgJbX.png]
Thanked by: Gors, Sengir
i also really enjoy cosplaying, especially when i go to conventions (i go to whatever cons are closest around me, but i don't have a lot of free time, mind you c; ). i'm not particularly sure what thing about it i like, i guess it's nice to be visually pleasing. it's like an art form to me.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(01-17-2017, 06:30 PM)eureka Wrote: I like model railroading. Something about seeing a small train going around in circles, endlessly, is just very relaxing to me.
I personally go for the HO scale models, as they're not frustratingly tiny like N scale, but not as massive as G scale. it's just right.

fuck yea ive always wanted one of those backyards with the little americana villages and trains passing through like marigold jungles and shit
Thanked by:
I've rediscovered my interest in knitting over the last week or so. When I was younger I would knit with my mum, but after moving away from home I pretty much dropped the whole thing. I've made a few things for friends and I'll probably make some more, but I can see myself stopping again after winter. I guess it can be a seasonal hobby.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Ton
(01-22-2017, 04:07 PM)Dazz Wrote: I've rediscovered my interest in knitting over the last week or so. When I was younger I would knit with my mum, but after moving away from home I pretty much dropped the whole thing. I've made a few things for friends and I'll probably make some more, but I can see myself stopping again after winter. I guess it can be a seasonal hobby.

thats quite a yarn there, buddy. now i dont mean to knit pick but that hardly seems like a stitch-uation uve ever been in. im just knot happy about this post at all.
Thanked by: puggsoy, Garamonde, Virt
I enjoy being surrounded by chicks and feeding them seed.

I'm doing volunteer work in a small petting zoo nearby where I feed the animals and sweep the terrain every monday and thursday at 9 am and 4 pm. It's not much work, but I'm really enjoying it! There's one chicken that eats out of my hand and I'm able to pick her up and cuddle her with no problem now. I call her Kip, because I ran out of idea's and have been calling her Kip the whole time. ('Kip' is dutch for 'chicken'.)

I just love to pick up my chicken and hug her. It fills me with joy. Until she's sick of it and jumps out of my arms, slapping her wings in my face as she goes.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: miyabi95_
One of my favorite things is being in/near the sunshine through a window, and the light makes everything else in the room really bright, it's a good feeling.

The sound of rain, the first bite of sushi dipped in soy sauce + lots of wasabi, convincing animals I'm a cool dude so when they see me they know it's time for some scratches, particularly cats & dogs...except they get really clingy, like I want to pet you but not all the time, don't make this weird..you look desperate.

Lastly, creating something, such as sprites or 3D models, learning to program to make a game, that feeling of bringing things to life is something that's always driven me.
Thanked by: Sengir
Maybe this going to sound really mushy, but having my girlfriend sleep next to me. Like she's fast asleep now and I'm just browsing the web but just having her there is a good feeling.

Saying 'See you next Tuesday' to customers who are arseholes.

Coffee. Like good coffe. Not instant or some Starbucks/main-chain crap. The smell, taste. Like man, coffee is a good time.

Taking your socks off.

I also really like random/utterly pointless facts that serve no purpose or are ever needed.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: ~Axis~, puggsoy
I like to write, when I don't hate it.
Sometimes I draw. Very rarely.
I cook a lot. That's fun.
I collect SNES/NES games. I like going to thrift stores and flea markets to hunt for deals.
Talking politics. Even if I get heated about it a lot.
Using my new espresso machine.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: