Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Questions regarding BZPower sprite kits
I'm a member of a Bionicle forum called BZPower, located here:  http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php

On the forums, there's a long tradition of making comics using sprites.  The sprites aren't ripped from any game in particular, but they're created by the forum members specifically for the comics.  They're called sprite kits because there are lots of different pieces for heads, arms, legs, masks, etc. that can be pieced together to form different characters.

Anyhow, there are a lot of these sprite kits.  When the BZP servers crashed some years ago many of these sprites were lost.  I would like to try and find as many sprite kits as I can and upload them to The Spriter's Resource as part of a 'Bionicle Customs' page, to preserve them against such an incident in the future.  I just have some questions, I don't want to get in trouble with the mods.

Is it okay for me to upload these sheets since Bionicle really isn't a video game series?  Dumb question, but I just want to know if there are any rules against uploading stuff not related to games.

Is it okay for me to upload sheets that I didn't create?  For some of the newer kits I can ask the creators for permission, should I do that?  I don't think I would be able to contact the creators of older kits, though, I think many of them left the forums.  Would it still be alright if I uploaded their work?

Thanks for the help.  -Jaga
Thanked by:
Well there are Bionicle games, so you can make a custom section for Bionicle.

However, you will require permission for uploading custom sprites. For the ones you're unable to contact the creators, I'm not 100% sure but I would assume that you wouldn't be allowed to upload them (someone who knows should verify this). At the very least you can link them on the forum though. Either way, you should give credit to the original creators.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: