Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Whatkind of map is this, and how do I apply it in Blender?
I finally managed to rip a model from Starlight Stage, and I've run into a road block. The character's cheeks are supposed to have extra little details, so there's a couple of different texture maps.

She should look something like this:
[Image: 12907225_1539184673044696_1166608559_n.j...%3D%3D.2.c]

Mine looks like this:
[Image: OZvbwrr.png]

There are two textures for the cheeks:
[Image: IQQz5UY.png]
[Image: JhZJTaz.png]

What exactly is the second one, and how exactly do I apply it? Is it a normal map?

Bonus: you'll also notice that her eyebrows are missing. Zooming in, I think they're stuck inside the back of her head:
[Image: 3K2ZiAU.png]

I can't think of any way to fix this, because they're permanently attached to the rest of her head... probably a problem with the conversion process. I used Unity Studio to export all 3D objects from the .unity3d file, and that's how it came out. Any advice on this?
Thanked by:
I think black and white is transparence.
This would explain why the cheeks are red and do not shimmer.
Thanked by:
Yeah, sutinoers right. It's an alpha map, which gets rid of that pink except for the light spots around the blush marks. And, I can't tell with the eyebrows, might be a UV-based issue. Could you upload it?
Thanked by:
Yeah, here.
Thanked by:
I found a site with a model viewer and all the models from this game viewable.
http://imas.gamedbs.jp/cgss/chara/viewer3d/2/9001
Is it possible to somehow grab the model from the page to at least compare it to the one I ripped?
Thanked by:
I'm not sure how it could be ripped from that site, but either way, I'll be looking forward to these rips
I tried to search for ripping them before, but never was able to figure anything out...

As for the texture you had, as mentioned, it's an alpha layer, you can easily use Photoshop to merge them and have a texture like this instead :
[Image: JcLg7QK.png]

EDIT : As for the eyebrows, it may be in the back of her head and simply "pops up" in the animations files, I think I saw few models (as well as custom ones for "MMD") doing this before
Thanked by:
Hey, Blender! An area I actually have expertise in! So, usually with eyebrow rigs, or at least in Blender from what I have seen, things called Shape Keys (or something along those lines, I'm not able to look right now) are used. What these do is allow a part of a mesh to distort from it's normal position using a slider to choose if it is at full distortion or the original position. The reason these eyebrows are behind the model is because they are hidden there for use during animation like LJSTAR said above. It may well end up being that you have to find a way to either only select the eyebrows from the original model, or create a copy, attempt to recreate the shape keys, and then merge the meshes together. There is also something else interesting I found. *APPARENTLY*, from what I gather, these models are actually MMD. https://www.reddit.com/r/StarlightStage/...like_with/

If this is the right game, I'm not sure, this guy made a comment he was able to RIP the rig, which is a rarity. He goes on to say he used MMD to pose, which means he either directly imported the Model into MMD, or for some reason the model just worked really closely to an MMD model. Good luck!
Thanked by: