Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Firejoker54's Rips
Hey guys! Wink
I've been spriting and also ripping sprites for a while now as a pastime to counter my boredom. The thing is, I quickly loose interest and end up rarely completing my rips... I've tried searching sprites(mainly to study anatomy and how sprites work in-game) and think that fighting games have some of the more beautiful and detailed ones out here. However, good sheets are few and far between and most vastly lack sprites or are an actual mess. I've took it upon myself to rip from one of the games who deserve it the most IMO(SFA3) and thought I'd start my entrance here with a small bang and submit 2 completed characters(Cody separated in 2 sheets). Let me say, it took FOREVER to rip and organize these. Just look at all those FREAKIN' sprites...  Ouch!  If I may, I think I did a pretty good job for someone who actually sucks at fighters LMAO. I do have a few games I've ripped in the past months and will try to release them in the future. Feedback is appreciated! (Oh, and I can give proof that I did these myself if required)
[Image: EPjJ7zn.png] [Image: 1LxYpTq.png] [Image: mX4RsbP.png]
Thanked by: Ton, puggsoy, Dolphman, Davy Jones
Oh man. This is awesome. People who rip fighting games always impress me. I hope we see more from you!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Firejoker54
Looking at Karin's sprites. It looks like she has either panties over her shorts, or they're see-through. Never noticed that until now.
Usually, a girl would wear shorts to avoid pantyshots.  Genki ^_^ (We really need laughing related emoticons)

Ditto on hoping to see more SFA rips.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
(01-04-2017, 01:52 AM)Dolphman Wrote: Looking at Karin's sprites. It looks like she has either panties over her shorts, or they're see-through. Never noticed that until now.
Usually, a girl would wear shorts to avoid pantyshots.  Genki ^_^ (We really need laughing related emoticons)

Ditto on hoping to see more SFA rips.

I'm sure she has both(like Superman Tongue). I'm already working on more so hopefully my motivation doesn't go away soon. Funny seeing you commenting my sheets since I stole your colored border idea for them(dunno if you noticed ahah). Thanks Ton and Dolpman for the comments!
Thanked by: Dolphman, Ton, sutinoer
I'm pretty much set to accept these, but if you don't mind, could you post that proof of the rip? I want to make sure I'm getting excited for the right reasons. Tongue
(01-04-2017, 08:41 AM)Ton Wrote: I'm pretty much set to accept these, but if you don't mind, could you post that proof of the rip? I want to make sure I'm getting excited for the right reasons. Tongue

It isn't "proof" per say but I can tell you the tools and the process I used. I used the arcade emulator Kawaks to play the game(duh). It has a very useful feature which lets you stop the game frame by frame (kind of like VisualBoyAdvance if you used that one) and another called ''screenviewer'' that lets you view the all the sprites on sceen and disable some of them if a character is obstructed. I looked at Gamefaqs to know character's moves, then used printscreen and a program called SpriteTracer by Grim of Spritedatabase to trim the screenshots and keep the animations aligned. As for the animations/objects that where cut off, I used Kawaks' tile viewer to find the missing pieces(like Karin's chopper). I finally used good ol' Paint to place and organize all the sprites and Photoshop to make the icons. The rest is history. Content
Thanked by:
Great! Accepted! Thanks again!
Not bad, its looking good.
Thanked by:
I present to you the Final Fight weeabo samurai, Sodom! I always thought this guy had one of the coolest design in all of Final Fight/Street Fighter. He just looks badass IMO, plus he has a funny back story. Sodom is actually american but loves all things Japan and wishes to be japanese. He took on the Samurai path and travels the world in search of his lost "brothers". Fun fact, even if he's a boss in Final Fight he's not all that bad! Even if it's not cannon, in his SA3 ending he crashed a truck through Bison's base and died saving everyone. Surprise

These took FOREVER. I had to completely re-rip Sodom since in X-ism mode he switches his jittes for swords like in Final Fight. That mode removes jump guard/guard break and counter (they can't be triggered in game) so I had to shift through HUNDREDS of pieces in the tile viewer to find and include them in the sheet. I went back to the previous 2 games since Sodom is playable in all of the Alphas. I had to hunt the different palettes/portraits/icons and play through all games to get the different endings. I dunno if you want to include the sheet in the 2 other Alphas though. You can get an idea of amount OCD I have when making sheets... Yep... Defeated

Anyway, congrats to the people who read through all that and enjoy! Oh, and thanks to the kind soul who moved the fighter section before "misc", it's been bothering me for a while now. I dunno yet, but I may take a small break to avoid burning myself out. I do want to rip lots more!  Genki ^_^
[Image: oWlg7IK.png][Image: qsVEFK6.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Davy Jones, sutinoer
Great work! Very thorough! I always mix him up with Yoshimitsu from Tekken.
These are first-class rips =D
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Firejoker54, Ton
(01-12-2017, 06:32 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: These are first-class rips =D

Coming from you that's a great compliment, thank you(and Ton as well)! Your rips are great too. Big Grin
Thanked by: Ton, Davy Jones
Remember when I said I'd take a break? Me neither!

Here's E Honda, Street Fighter's sumo wrestler! This guy may look short and fat but he's taller than most fighters and only made of muscle. He's like Marvel's Kingpin! If he wasn't asian, or a sumo wrestler and was an evil crime lord... Ok that wasn't that good of a comparision LMAO... Also, side note, if you look closely at these sprites you may spot panties!  Kyun Kyun Aidoru
Enjoy!
[Image: hS2YdBJ.png]
Thanked by: sutinoer, Davy Jones, Ton
Awesome!
I wonder if he's related to Piston Honda? :p
(01-15-2017, 12:01 PM)Ton Wrote: Awesome!
I wonder if he's related to Piston Honda? :p

Maybe, but poor Piston got disowned and goes by Hondo these days  Tongue

Here's Birdie! Originally one of Bison's henchman, who he eventually got tired of and tried to overthrow him. He left Shadaloo and became Karin's bodyguard during Street Fighter V after getting beat by her. This one didn't take that long since I had ripped most of the basic animations months ago. Birdie appeared in all Street Fighter Alphas so I wanted to include his sprites/portraits from the first 2 games but while searching in-game I discovered that his sprites got changed between games...2 times. They're different ALL three games. 1 had great sprites but lacked frames. 2 added more in-between frames and changed animations. 3 scratched most animations and made them more fluid and less stiff but they screwed up with the quality of his sprites. It looks like they gave the job to the new trainee and said "hey, do your best, nobody likes this character anyway". Every detail was lost and during most animations they gave him a face only a mother could love. These actually look unfinished, almost as if they got rushed by a deadline. Just look at a comparison(left is SFA1/2).[Image: A6vBVNX.png]
Anyway, what I mean is that I'll now just rip from the 3rd game and get back to the other 2 for returning characters(to grab different portraits/sprites) when/if I'm done with all characters. This way I'll be able to pump these faster.

Oh, what? you want me to stop rambling and post the actual sheet? Here it is!  Nerd
[Image: h0qMJor.png]
Thanked by: sutinoer, Ton, Davy Jones