Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
the tears of 2016 wash away as we make pace for dreams of 2017
Happy New Years everyone. Heart

Talk about resolutions, plans, hopes, whatever else comes into mind. No 2016 BS please thanks.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: miyabi95_
My friend's dad has convinced me to start drawing again, and I might start consistently posting more stuff this year.
My resolution is to tweet one thing I'm grateful for, every day of the year. A nice way to stay positive and be more mindful of things I take for granted.
Another one (even though I started this two weeks ago and didn't really plan for it to be a resolution), I've been doing a 7 minute workout thing every morning, just so that I'm not completely out of shape. Hopefully I'll keep it up.

My plans... well to finish my third year of uni I guess. I have some plans for a talk about programming that I want to do, just to get my name out there in the Wellington gamedev community. Also going to game jams and stuff like I did last year.

I should also try and help around with moderating submissions so that I'm site staff for a reason... I'll make some sort of weekly schedule for myself to keep to.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
well,

mariah carey really screwed up her lipsyncing during new year's rockin' eve, so

i think we're set the hell year of 2016 is over, 2017 can't possibly be worse even with an oompaloompa president
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: DioShiba
Trying to post somethin' somewhere every day...
I managed to keep a weekly post going on artstation for about half of last year B)

I even got my first thing out already!

[Image: tumblr_oj4l628DSM1w25tf9o1_1280.png]
...I really hope I can keep it up... Good luck with yours, guys!
Thanked by: puggsoy, DioShiba
i'd like for once to just make an actual game. normally i just fool around with clickteam fusion, but i really want to have the time to make a game. even if it's just a fan game.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
(01-01-2017, 06:33 PM)Kosheh Wrote: i think we're set the hell year of 2016 is over, 2017 can't possibly be worse even with an oompaloompa president

I'm just waiting to see how 2017 is going to play out honestly.

Right now my expectations aren't high or low but given that President Cheeto-Dick is now going to be in the highest office I'm pretty sure things are going to be.... Interesting for better or worse far as politics go but, that's the only note far as that particular matter goes. (the rest can be said in the only board that members can talk about this kind of thing without guests having to see these kinds of posts too heavily)

Far as my resolutions go I think I want to start getting myself more invested with making new ideas for what I want to do with animation and expand on what mediums I can use during my time. If I'm lucky enough maybe I could see if I can do a full on pixel art based animation if I can do that. (I was considering doing that for a recent piece I made but I chose not to do that.)

that and working out a bit more heavily for track team, maybe fall in love and have a GF/BF this year and have a more meaningful relationship than the last one I had now almost 5 years ago. And hell practice my guitar more.

If I'm lucky I could probably run into a voice actor in NYC and maybe see if I can get lessons on that. (something I'd like to do for my own purposes)
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: miyabi95_
I'm gonna not suck at school, put together something worthwhile by the end of the year, and probably get a summer job and start saving money to live on my college campus so I don't have to get up at 6:00 AM and drive for an hour to and back 5 days a week for the next 4 years.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: puggsoy, miyabi95_