Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Yo-kai watch Model ripping project
Hi there, I joined this place because I wanted to rip models for the yo-kai watch series.

If any attempted to rip the yo-kai watch models by the romfs.bin (gotten from the game), you probably used the 3ds-xfsatool to extract the .fa files, which then created a series of folders that have .xc files (which are also extracted with the same tool).
Right now I'm working on extracting all of the .xc files. The .xc files result in something like this https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30410.html in the attached image. And I'm doing this for the .fa file (not the entire romfs.bin), but if anything else needs to be extracted, I'm happy to help.

The game is Yo-kai watch 3 Sukiyaki.

I'm hoping the extracting thing will speed things up so others don't have to go through the process of extracting every single .xc file.
http://imgur.com/a/vhSDq

I'll post the zip in around a week
Also if anyone knows anything on the thread I posted, or know how to convert/open the files, this will help tremendously.

As for me, I'm new to programming and only know the surface of 3D, but I'm willing to learn anything that's needed.

Anyone is free to join!
And if anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

quick edit: realized folder name "c_p10" is too generalized, I'll rename it "c10_p10" so it'll fit the c000010 folder name.
Thanked by:
Update: I've managed to rip around 800 .xc files. But there's still a ton to go because there's a total of 2237 files in the characters folder (1422 left).
Like I said, hopefully this will be done in a week and I'm only going to decompress/extract the characters folder in data (which came from the romfs.bin)
Thanked by: frk_14
I'm interested!!
Thanked by:
Yeah, me too.  But incidentally, why are you starting with the third game?

Also, I've found a guy on YouTube who has succeeded in getting some of these models ripped, and seems willing to offer advice; however he is Japanese, and I don't know enough Japanese to have a full conversation as to how he does it.  If anyone can offer more insight on that, I'll share the links.
Thanked by:
There is the Unity Powered app Yo-kai Watch Land, of which I've been ripping all of the Yo-kai Watch 1 and 2 models from. It'd also be nice to be able to rip directly from the main games, though.

and Bahmo, could you link us to that YouTuber you mentioned?
[Image: 76561197999597301.png]
Thanked by:
(01-04-2017, 06:48 PM)Bahmo Wrote: Yeah, me too.  But incidentally, why are you starting with the third game?

Also, I've found a guy on YouTube who has succeeded in getting some of these models ripped, and seems willing to offer advice; however he is Japanese, and I don't know enough Japanese to have a full conversation as to how he does it.  If anyone can offer more insight on that, I'll share the links.

I actually know some Japanese, and there's probably others who know Japanese too,
You can share the links here

Also update: I have 887 files to go. hopefully I can finish this weekend.
Thanked by:
Here's one of many videos of his(?) Stated to use the game models (Of the humans; not Jibanyan), but I'm not sure how.
Thanked by:
(01-05-2017, 04:30 PM)Bahmo Wrote: Here's one of many videos of his(?) Stated to use the game models (Of the humans; not Jibanyan), but I'm not sure how.
Translated some of the comments

ケイタ と フミ の モデルは何ですが? - Where did you get the models for Fumi and Keita?

ゲームから取り出したモデルを使用しています。 - I ripped them from the game

どのようにそれらを抽出するのですか - which game

ようかい体操と言うアプリをdisunityと言うツールを使用してデコンパイルして取り出します - Using the Yo-kai Taisou app, I used a tool called Disunity and decompiled it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...isou&hl=ja I think this is the app he's talking about (where he got the models)

I'm not sure if he knows how to rip the 3ds models from the mainline games.
If you guys want, I can try to contact him, asking him if he knows anything of how to rip the models from 3ds etc.

I can try to search Google Japan too.

Edit/update: Sent him an email, asking if he knows how to rip 3ds models or knows any famous Japanese sites that know how to rip game models. Hopefully I don't scare him with my terrible japanese.
Thanked by:
Okay; that explains some.  I was unaware that any of the mobile games had the human protagonists, so my assumption was that he ripped from a 3DS game.  At any rate, I'd like to get ahold of those human models, since the Yo-kai themselves can be ripped from the app we already have in the west.  Some already were, incidentally, but that seems to have stalled.
Thanked by:
we can also try ripping the models from the iphone games/apps. but personally, I never done them before.
I was going to experiment with hexing and programming with what I know, and try to convert the files into brres format or something similar.

But first thing's first which is to export all the .xc files from the models and upload them. Then, I'll look into yo-kai watch puni puni (or wibble wobble in the west) while doing other things.
Thanked by:
I'm curious; after uploading the xc files, what other steps need to be taken before one gets a functional model?
Thanked by:
(01-06-2017, 08:07 PM)Bahmo Wrote: I'm curious; after uploading the xc files, what other steps need to be taken before one gets a functional model?

I tried asking on Ripping Help.
My best guess is converting the files into BRRES extensions or CGFX format.
I have a strong feeling that it's not going to be simple, but I'm willing to try things out.

Also I uploaded 80% of the files that were extracted (data>characters)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4-xtu...1pURGQwZHM
forgive me, I don't have the drive to do the remaining ~450 file folders. I added the original .xc files of the remaining ones. (bottom link)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4-xtu...mw2UW9NWFk

not to say that I won't extract all of them, but I need a break to do something different.
Thanked by: romapps
EDIT:There no link download for the first, second, and soon to be third game in NA.
Thanked by:
Thumbs Up 
.faファイルを展開したい。自分は日本人のためよくわからない。
3ds-xfsatoolにはROMFS.binを読み込んでくればいいのですか?
Thanked by:
This maybe to late to say this but can I join?
Thanked by: