Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Simple question regarding game icons
Thanked by:
I have a few concerns about these. First of all, as someone who has never played Red Rescue Team all the way through, I'm having trouble seeing how spoiler-y the game icon we have now is (though keep in mind, this is from an outsider's standpoint.) Secondly, it's not really necessary (or preferred I suppose) to go beyond a simple, in-game screenshot for game icons, so while the new icon you supplied is definitely nice looking, it's a tad convoluted. Lastly, the other two icons here are kind of boring and don't include any characters or anything, which makes them somewhat poor representations of what to expect in the game(s).

Regardless, the initiative is much appreciated! I do agree that Explorers of Time/Darkness and Explorers of Sky look a little similar, so I think updating those with more unique screenshots would be a good idea.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

IMO just having screenshots of some in-dungeon confrontations would suffice; maybe having someone attacking in the shot.

The current RRT icon...? It's hard to say since without context it won't mean much to the viewer but I think a different icon would be safer. We would rather not break our current style of icons on the site.

What Shade said though about it being an appreciated effort.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Shade, SilverDeoxys563
Thanked by: Shade, Petie
Yeah those look much better! I'll revise the icons we have on the site once I'm home! : >
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: SilverDeoxys563
(12-30-2016, 05:00 AM)SilverDeoxys563 Wrote: Is it possible to change (like a revision) the game icons that appear in a console section using this website's UI? I've been looking high and low for any help regarding that, but I haven't uncovered anything.

Just because this hasn't been specifically covered yet, there's no way for normal members to modify game icons. When designing the revision system, we figured it made sense for the actual content but that the frequency of game edits wouldn't be enough to justify it (and the limited amount of data related to them meant that it was easy enough to just submit change requests via the forum). As Shade implied though, staff can edit them directly and I'll take care of those changes now if they haven't been done already.

Thanks for taking the time to make sure everything looks as good as possible!
Thanked by: SilverDeoxys563, Shade