Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mr. Gimmick Missing Sprites
Yeah, so there is a lot missing in the section for Gimmick!/ Mr. Gimmick. There are several enemies from stages 5-7 missing and that is just the obvious stuff.

I've ripped some tiles and the welding mask enemies from stage 5 but I'll need some help with the rest. 

Thanked by: sutinoer

More tilesets ripped, anyone interested?
Thanked by: sutinoer
These are great so far! I hope you do more!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I will, but ripping the enemy sprites will take some more effort, which is why I'm asking for someone to chip in if they want. It's a notorious difficult and game, and a lot of stuff is only used in a few places like the detailed fish sprites in the tunnel scene in stage one.

I may need some kind of program to get stuff from the game files but I am really not that good at assembling stuff from NES graphic banks.

Thanked by: sutinoer, Ton

Ripped the big white guy from level 7. Everything in this game is so cute Cute
Thanked by:
He looks like a little tooth!
Thanked by:
I'm still looking for help with this project. If you are interested, please comment or PM me

Things I would like help with:
  • The fish swimming around the tunnel in that part from Stage 1
  • The arrow turret from Stage 3
  • The alarm clock guy from Stage 2 (When you get to the boss early)
  • The mine cart you ride in Stage 5
Thanked by: Ton

Another missing sprite, the landmine from stage 3
Thanked by:
Goemar is quickly becoming the NES expert around here when it comes to ripping. Maybe he can help you out if you PM him for pointers.
Thanked by:
smkdan authored an editor back in the day.
It reads sprite graphics directly from the ROM. As far as I know, he never published documentation for the formats but he's still active so you might have luck contacting him.

smkdan, in goddamn 2008 Wrote:gimmick! is a nice sunsoft platformer that's already well documented
no clue what he meant with this, i can't find anything
probably this. Sadly, no real info on the sprite tables, only sprite placement.

EDIT: oops looks like it does, actually. Check the doc.
that doc Wrote:GFX Bank selecting for objects:
3C84E: Object 00
3C90E: Object C0

Object TSA Data: Its in native OAM format http://nesdevwiki.org/index.php/NES_PPU#OAM
2224F: Black blob in the 1st level

Palettes:
3ECA9 - 3F060
~34E90 - 3506F

needs a programmer tho but if someone's up for the job, exhaustive dumping should be possible. screenshotting isn't very fun.
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Feel a bit pants I missed so much (think the enemy sheet on here is mine). If someone is happy to add to it that's cool with me - have a lot on my to do list at the moment...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(03-06-2017, 08:23 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: needs a programmer tho but if someone's up for the job, exhaustive dumping should be possible. screenshotting isn't very fun.

I'd be interested in this but there's just too much on my plate right now. If someone could remind me in a couple of months I might be able to see what I can do though?
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Raccoon Sam
(03-09-2017, 05:15 AM)puggsoy Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 08:23 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: needs a programmer tho but if someone's up for the job, exhaustive dumping should be possible. screenshotting isn't very fun.

I'd be interested in this but there's just too much on my plate right now. If someone could remind me in a couple of months I might be able to see what I can do though?

will do!
HOWEVER, a meta insight:
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:
Sounds like you want to put me out of a hobby...

Also will have a look at this fish, can't see why I would have missed stuff but it was years ago - might be a reason...
Ok fish have been submitted. Reason why I missed them? Because they're not an enemy (like I thought they was) but literally just some fish swimming in the background and I was just doing enemies at the time. As for the enemies I did miss... no idea, there's a fair few as well...

Anyway, if no one else is fussed I'll add this to my to-do list, and get on it after Wai Wai World.
Thanked by: Pingus!