Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TheRealHeroOfWinds Spriting Thread [Struggling Spriter]
My first sprite after not spriting for the longest of times. Feedback appreciated on helping me improve!~

[Image: bkH5xA8.png]
Thanked by: Filler, SuperFlomm, ~Axis~
[Image: tjArwnv.png]

[Image: NjmIwfp.png]
[Image: ylyFotO.png]
Thanked by: SageHarpuiaJDJ
[Image: BwRinm6.png]
[Image: vDuLvUy.png]
[Image: khKJyFP.png]
[Image: 0EjoaxV.png]
[Image: kHUJZmi.png]
Thanked by: Dolphman
Some things you may want to fix :
Try to up the contrast in your colors, mainly between the 2nd and 3rd shade(they blend too much as is). Also, I tend to avoid black outlines IN a sprite. They make sprites busier(try a darker shade of your color). Oh, and maybe give your characters real eyes and mouths? Especially Link and Marth.
Thanked by:
You have a few flat areas and surfaces which can be rounded in the outline. These are ok when drawing something actually straight, but you want to avoid them on something like faces. Mario and Luigi are ok in this respect, just the others need looking at. The particular offenders are Ness (bottom and right side of face) and that Fire Emblem guy (Marth? top of hair, bottom of face and right side of face).

It's been said above but your colour selection needs work. Some are ok, while on others you can't tell the difference between different shades. Make a palette of colours before you start actually colouring, so you can see if there is enough contrast or not early on. This can be fixed later of course.

You're in a good place, so keep at it!
Thanked by:
Gonna take the feedback into account for when I go back to the Smash characters

Don't be afraid to bully me on these sprites. I gotta get better somehow.

Original Palette
Overly Purple Palette
Game Boy Palette
Thanked by: