Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Informational Game Sites
I'm just curious about what what sites (or channels, or podcasts, etc) people here like to frequent and consider reliable sources for video game information. Mostly I mean current video game news or reviews, but other types of interesting information are also acceptable. What do you recommend?
Thanked by:
hardcoregaming101 is great for people who wanna dig for gems of retro consoles (some articles on modern games as well). crunchyroll news sometimes posts updates and stories about mobile, PC, console and handheld games as well as quirky arcade games in japan.

and also i'll just go ahead and mention DYKGaming. Wink
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: Dolphman
GameExplain and NintendoLife are the only "video game news sites" I use to stay current... for the most part I just rely on Reddit threads :p
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Destructiod and Eurogamer.
Also listen to the CAGcast - but that'a more because it's funny than up to date news.

(RIP Joystiq...)
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(11-18-2016, 05:42 AM)Kriven Wrote: GameExplain and NintendoLife are the only "video game news sites" I use to stay current... for the most part I just rely on Reddit threads :p

I do like GameExplain, but I do have to admit it irks me slightly that they claim to be a news source "all things gaming" when 95% of their content focuses on Nintendo alone. I'm not calling it a problem, mind you, it's just something I take notice of all the time. Call it OCD or something.
Thanked by: Kriven, psychospacecow, Dazz
I get all my game news from Gaming Discussion on the VG Resource forums.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

for a while i got most game/anime/etc news from now defunct FB20XL's podcast.
Thanked by:
(11-21-2016, 10:28 PM)JazzGW Wrote: for a while i got most game/anime/etc news from now defunct FB20XL's podcast.

Eh, you're probably better off. :p
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Kosheh, miyabi95_
(11-18-2016, 01:01 AM)JazzGW Wrote: and also i'll just go ahead and mention DYKGaming. Wink

Aww shucks.

I generally try to check multiple sources if I really want to confirm a piece of news and try to not stick with a site that I know well. I've found incorrect information while researching for Region Locked a number of times from sites I generally would say are of the higher standard, including HardcoreGaming101 (love them though).

We're planning a big bit of restructuring in our office department here in the VG Household soon, which will open us up to a recording studio on our property. Hopefully.
I've been considering putting together a weekly Vodcast of sorts for gaming news and features, maybe putting them on YouTube but not on the DYKG channel since it's a totally different vibe. If I did I'd like to try and get multiple sources for news instead of just reading one news site and taking it as gospel.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
I'd like to see that be a thing. I ended up getting Citizens of Earth because of y'all and apart from some of the annoying minigames, I enjoyed it a good bit.

I'm not as informed as I used to be, but I normally get info from The Know, Many A True Nerd, XPS Gamers, here, Facts and a few select others that I can't remember at the moment.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
(11-22-2016, 10:16 AM)Dazz Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 01:01 AM)JazzGW Wrote: and also i'll just go ahead and mention DYKGaming. Wink

Aww shucks.

I generally try to check multiple sources if I really want to confirm a piece of news and try to not stick with a site that I know well. I've found incorrect information while researching for Region Locked a number of times from sites I generally would say are of the higher standard, including HardcoreGaming101 (love them though).

We're planning a big bit of restructuring in our office department here in the VG Household soon, which will open us up to a recording studio on our property. Hopefully.
I've been considering putting together a weekly Vodcast of sorts for gaming news and features, maybe putting them on YouTube but not on the DYKG channel since it's a totally different vibe. If I did I'd like to try and get multiple sources for news instead of just reading one news site and taking it as gospel.

* Kosheh grabs mic

[Image: 6303200ff0.png]

yeah hi? hi

i'd like to see that idea for The VG Resource as a newshub come back. i'm not sure what you'd do about writers and whatnot but like

it was cool and, see, it was cool alright? ok? it was cool
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Kriven, Shade
Since VGResource is all about crowd-sourcing assets, it could probably utilize Member Blogs or something to generate the filler content... That way Dazz and whoever other real journalists could focus on the actual news.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
2 youtube channels i follow for a mix of retro and modern games:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC27iiSq...y1MruJfi9A - usually posts sample gameplay of obscure console/arcade/PC games
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4FxxjK...FHK8dafCkg - posts full playthroughs of mostly retro games and sometimes even rom hacks
Thanked by:
I wouldnt say i use Polygon for actual video game news, but their content (Monster Factory, Car Boys, Touch the Skyrim, etc) is fucking HILARIOUS
Thanked by:
Http://actionbutton.net Breathe In New Games Jlurnalism
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by: