Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This is more a reminder that it exists (Megaman X3)
Hey everyone! I don't want this link to get lost, so in posting here.
A beta of MMX3 was recently dumped. The most interesting thing about it is Neon Tiger, who looks totally different.

Here's the link in case anyone gets the urge.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/12/ear...-download/
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: TomGuycott
Bit and Byte look different when they combine, too, but it might just be the way the recording is aimed at the TV stretching the graphics oddly. I swear the shading on it looks different.

Volt Catfish also looks different too, at least his animations aren't the same. This prototype will need to be covered very extensively.
Thanked by:
Workin' on it.
Thanked by: Garamonde, TomGuycott, Ton
Come to think of it, our regular X3 section is a tad slim.

I might work on that later.
Thanked by: Ton
Byte (Sample Ver.)
Byte (Sample Ver.)
Godkarmachine O Inary (Sample Ver.)
Godkarmachine O Inary (Sample Ver.)
Neon Tiger (Sample Ver.)
Neon Tiger (Sample Ver.)
Volt Catfish (Sample Ver.)
Volt Catfish (Sample Ver.)

Ripped the new (old?) boss sprites now!
Wow awesome! I really didn't expect anyone to do this! Great work!

(11-13-2016, 10:59 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Come to think of it, our regular X3 section is a tad slim.

I might work on that later.

Yeah you're right. And that Ride Armor sheet makes me cringe every time I see it.
Thanked by:
Something else to note about the Prototype is the intro has a static background, and is less colorful than the final's intro.

I only ripped the static background because, aside from the opposing laser sprites appearing from the sky rather than the top of the screen, the rest doesn't seem too different from the final's introduction.

Quick Edit: I misinterpreted the sky portion of the intro's background. It also had a different, less colorful appearance to the final.
Currently working on:

Mega Man Zero 2-4
Bosses

Picross Nintendo Power Vol. 1-8
Animated Picross

Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen
Misc Stuff
Backgrounds
Characters

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Cutscenes
Misc Stuff

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Levels

Elite Beat Agents
Intermissions
Menus

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Overworld & Battle Sprites
Portraits

Magical Drop III
Drops/Balloon Sprites
Competition Mode Sprites
(11-13-2016, 10:59 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Come to think of it, our regular X3 section is a tad slim.

I guess that's true for all Mega Man games. I wouldn't mind a ripping project.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Me neither, but I don't want to launch it until we have a few people on board. Any other takers?
Thanked by:
For those who want to do the stages (probably me depending on how busy I am outside of both my own rips and other real world concerns), there is a cheat that lets you enter a debug map viewer. Just be aware that the animations halt during this mode, and certain areas won't load properly until X or Zero are in that area. Also be aware that exiting the menu will cause a mapping glitch that can screw up your placement until you leave the area you activated the menu in.

This cheat won't work on the beta version. In fact none of the other cheats for MMX3 works in the beta version, and I don't know of any sites that have cheats for the Japanese version, so either deal with the pain, or wait until someone figures out a way to make the cheats work in the beta version.
Currently working on:

Mega Man Zero 2-4
Bosses

Picross Nintendo Power Vol. 1-8
Animated Picross

Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen
Misc Stuff
Backgrounds
Characters

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Cutscenes
Misc Stuff

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Levels

Elite Beat Agents
Intermissions
Menus

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Overworld & Battle Sprites
Portraits

Magical Drop III
Drops/Balloon Sprites
Competition Mode Sprites
Im actually down for a megaman X ripping project in general, i recently replayed 1-6 and love playing them, so more reasons to would be a great excuse Smile
Thanked by: Garamonde
Well, that's three people now. I guess Mighty would like to join as well.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
I actually ripped certain enemies that have missing frames. I'll post them up when I get a chance.
I have a few sheets ready. Whenever you want we can start the project.
Thanked by:
Project Topic is open!

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30216.html
Thanked by: