Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MegaMan Xtreme 2 Remastered
I've been shy on this for a long time. I knew I eventually had to bring it out of hiding after MegamanX9.com went down and reach more public eyes here at vg-resource.com. Getting introductions out of the way, my name is Corvus. Franken-editor, visionary, and an overall "I have too much time on my hands" kind of guy. I'm a big fan of the MegaMan games, mostly the main timeline. Every time I looked through threads and dug around on images for spritework, Xtreme 1 and 2 seemed to be the most...swept under the rug, as it may. It never got the attention it deserved despite it managing to fit an entire Megaman X experience onto 8 MB of memory. So, I decided to start a little hobby project to give this game the attention it deserves. That project is MegaMan Xtreme 2 Remastered.

[Image: KZLwqvY.png]

Features:

-A what if situation: what if all the specs on the GBC were doubled for this game?

[Image: s32Qafn.png]

-Every sprite in the game touched up, color boosted, reworked, and given new frames.
 [Image: QxQ9d6g.gif] [Image: kwktp4v.png]

-A brand new armor exclusive to this remaster. 
 [Image: je5OJzq.png]

-Maps touched up to be closer to their originals.
 [Image: cJyaxJM.png]

-reworked story and dialogue to bring things up to date. 
[Image: jAsB9YE.png] [Image: dPXFZy5.gif]

-Every color used on this project is within the GBC color palette, so if the hardware was capable of it, all of these edits would be 100% possible.

And much more!

[Image: hCKbWJr.png]

This project is far from finished. I will be uploading sheets and gif examples as sections as I go forward on this project. Any kind of feedback is appreciated and welcome.
Wow that looks really great so far!

Is this just a sprite project or is it going to be a full game?
Thanked by:
(11-03-2016, 07:07 PM)shadowman44 Wrote: Wow that looks really great so far!

Is this just a sprite project or is it going to be a full game?

I have yet to find a decent coder. If I find one, I might turn it into a full game.
Thanked by:
Awesome work, this is easily on par with the commercial pixel art from that era.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
X Section

Tele in

[Image: 2DSEZqK.gif]

Idle

[Image: ayZAqcC.gif]

Stand Idle

[Image: mfA9See.gif]

Stand tele

[Image: 2BQczz7.gif]

Run

[Image: awM0DJu.gif]

Dash

[Image: Q9j5aTB.gif]

Shot

[Image: wlKdchz.gif]

Med shot
[Image: hnLZBA9.gif][Image: FqrjoH1.gif]

Charge shot

[Image: 2NkGDIS.gif][Image: aTBTWB0.gif] 

Hurt

[Image: jpRY9tb.gif]

Win

[Image: xD0HCdI.gif]

Sheet

[Image: xu1JK6b.png]
Zero Section

Tele in

[Image: ysuPWc3.gif]

Idle

[Image: AxiLn6C.gif]

Stand Idle

[Image: E6SkodJ.gif]

Stand Tele

[Image: HtcyZ6q.gif]

Run

[Image: Jwac3z3.gif]

Dash

[Image: 4vu2pbX.gif]

Slash 1

[Image: D79MUHF.gif]

Slash 2

[Image: N5Zfhgu.gif]

Slash 3

[Image: QxQ9d6g.gif]

Hurt

[Image: UQAdCsI.gif]

Win

[Image: uGDYaOu.gif]

Sheet

[Image: dx1SvoY.png]
Items/Power-Ups Section

[Image: oWcqc5g.png]

[Image: RnF11kU.png]

Gifs will be coming soon. improvements to the sub tanks, health capsules, weapon capsules, and chips are present, but can be subject to change later. New chips include Rapid 5, jumper, speedster, and shot eraser.

One of the big things that bothered me with the original game was that the ATK +2's made the game WAY too easy. Not to mention the damage table was overpowered. Hopefully, if this becomes a game, this will be fixed.
This looks amazing. I love Xtreme 2, but I never beat it (that final boss was too hard for me, maybe I should try it now 8 or so years later...)

Is there any chance I could use them in a project of my own? I'd give credit of course. I have nothing in mind now, but these have a lot of potential.
Thanked by:
(11-11-2016, 06:46 AM)Stasis Rune Wrote: This looks amazing. I love Xtreme 2, but I never beat it (that final boss was too hard for me, maybe I should try it now 8 or so years later...)

Is there any chance I could use them in a project of my own? I'd give credit of course. I have nothing in mind now, but these have a lot of potential.

Feel free!
Thanked by:
U.I Section

placeholder section until things are finalized.

[Image: mpxZoST.png]
Thanked by:
Nothing 100% ready on the holidays yet, sorry, guys. Still, just to keep this alive and keep things festive, have a penguin.

[Image: tiUlj0o.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Ton, hawtorange
Flame Mammoth

[Image: yXefoMB.gif]

[Image: 0K6jg9K.png]
Thanked by: Ton, hawtorange
(11-03-2016, 06:57 PM)Corvus Wrote: I've been shy on this for a long time. I knew I eventually had to bring it out of hiding after MegamanX9.com went down and reach more public eyes here at vg-resource.com. Getting introductions out of the way, my name is Corvus. Franken-editor, visionary, and an overall "I have too much time on my hands" kind of guy. I'm a big fan of the MegaMan games, mostly the main timeline. Every time I looked through threads and dug around on images for spritework, Xtreme 1 and 2 seemed to be the most...swept under the rug, as it may. It never got the attention it deserved despite it managing to fit an entire Megaman X experience onto 8 MB of memory. So, I decided to start a little hobby project to give this game the attention it deserves. That project is MegaMan Xtreme 2 Remastered.

Features:

-A what if situation: what if all the specs on the GBC were doubled for this game?

-Every sprite in the game touched up, color boosted, reworked, and given new frames.

-Every color used on this project is within the GBC color palette, so if the hardware was capable of it, all of these edits would be 100% possible.

And much more!

This project is far from finished. I will be uploading sheets and gif examples as sections as I go forward on this project. Any kind of feedback is appreciated and welcome.

I know I'm a tad late to this, but I want you to know that I support this!

If you're taking some suggestions (like Easter Egg costumes), please let me know because I have a few!
Thanked by: superiorzx1234
(01-27-2017, 12:50 AM)Lucky_Bonehead_ducky Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 06:57 PM)Corvus Wrote: I've been shy on this for a long time. I knew I eventually had to bring it out of hiding after MegamanX9.com went down and reach more public eyes here at vg-resource.com. Getting introductions out of the way, my name is Corvus. Franken-editor, visionary, and an overall "I have too much time on my hands" kind of guy. I'm a big fan of the MegaMan games, mostly the main timeline. Every time I looked through threads and dug around on images for spritework, Xtreme 1 and 2 seemed to be the most...swept under the rug, as it may. It never got the attention it deserved despite it managing to fit an entire Megaman X experience onto 8 MB of memory. So, I decided to start a little hobby project to give this game the attention it deserves. That project is MegaMan Xtreme 2 Remastered.

Features:

And much more!

I know I'm a tad late to this, but I want you to know that I support this!

If you're taking some suggestions (like Easter Egg costumes), please let me know because I have a few!

I'd be more than happy to hear them!
Thanked by:
Launch Octopus

[Image: gZpmcuL.png]

[Image: AMeoeMt.png]
Thanked by: