Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Game of Life (1998 PC)
I was trying to rip some of the files in the PC version of The Game of Life with Watto's Game Extractor, but I got discouraged when I saw only hexadecimal information, no trace of image data. I'm not sure whether I was using the program incorrectly, whether I simply didn't establish a proper file heading or something, or whether it's just arranged in such a way that the program couldn't understand. I'd like confirmation on whether it was one of the three before someone makes fun of me; I am new at this but I'd like to learn.

I think the sprites and sounds of GoL would make a good retro gaming addition to the VG Resource collection, mostly because I want to make a GoL based surreal short, but I'm sure others could benefit as well.

As I'm not sure which files are important and which simply have programming data, I've collected all the files excluding executables in one 7z; it's too big for VG's attachment system, so I've uploaded it to Dropbox. If for some reason this link fails, I will upload a mirror elsewhere.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97312740/Life.7z
Smug Collector and Creator of the Extraordinary! Wink
Thanked by: