Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo Switch Topic; #byebyenx
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/stat...3833493504

"Be among the first to discover #NX. Watch the preview trailer at 7am PT/10am ET!"

FINALLY. Some concrete goddamn info after a practical drought of info for so long. I don't care if it's an announcement for a proper reveal date, this is something to work with.

So, uh, general NX discussion topic, I guess.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by:
Betting it's just going to be revealing what the real name of the system is going to be.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by: Kriven
"Ever wondered what NX stood for? Well, it's because our next console is called... the Nintendo NeXt. Join us next year when we have our next announcement, where we actually show what the NeXt looks like!

Next up, a preview of the previews for our previews next year!"
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
whatever it is, i hope it isn't some sort of way to appeal to the more hardcore gamers. there's obviously a casual audience of people who don't care as much about gimmicks, especially if they're fun and innovative like with the Wii back in the day.

quite frankly, i wouldn't want a "just like the GCN" or "Just like the Game Boy" kind of experience from whatever new console they have in store. i hope they continue to produce consoles with new and unique technology that can have a positive impact on the gameplay.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: puggsoy
I have nothing to contribute except that I FUCKING CAN'T WAIT, HOLY SHIT

Been waiting so long for this...
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by:
The only thing I hope for is that it's not region locked.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Koopaul, Dolphman, Kriven
The preview is going to only be 3 minutes long. We probably will only get to see what it looks like and some ideas on how it will work (and the gimmick). We probably won't see any games yet.

Don't hype yourselves too much.

Thanked by:
Nintendo is making its triumphant return tomorrow you guys. This is where our many years of gaming experience has led us to. NES + SNES + N64 + GC + Wii + Wii U = Quality of Nintendo's Brand Spankin' New Console ---- that is what I'm fully expecting, and Nintendo has never let me down before. This will be the best three minutes of my entire lifetime. I cannot hype this enough.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: miyabi95_, Hiynastrike
(10-19-2016, 10:44 PM)Koopaul Wrote: The preview is going to only be 3 minutes long. We probably will only get to see what it looks like and some ideas on how it will work (and the gimmick). We probably won't see any games yet.

Don't hype yourselves too much.

You don't think we'll even get to see some of Breath of the Wild while they demo the system?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
If anything is shown it'll be how Breath of the Wild works on that system. But I doubt we'll see anything new from Breath of the Wild, it will probably be the same stuff we saw at E3.

Three minutes is not enough time to show a new console and games.

Thanked by:
Finally information that is not merely speculation or "leaks".
Not excited yet. I'll see if the trailer is going to get me excited.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
4.... minutes..... the hype.... it... 3..... arrrrggggggghhhhh
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by:
Where is the trailer being posted though? I assume on their Youtube, but it isn't very specific.

I actually really like this. The only thing I wouldn't be crazy about is those baby controllers when you split it into multiple pieces. That's like an 8th of the size controller I need for my greasy mitts.
Thanked by:
[10:00 AM] Vipershark: IT'S TIME
[10:00 AM] Vipershark: "nintendo switch"
[10:00 AM] Vipershark: ew
[10:02 AM] Vipershark: so the mockups were right after all
[10:02 AM] Vipershark: easily losable parts, yaaay
[10:02 AM] Vipershark: ugly controllers, yaaaaay
[10:04 AM] Vipershark: >march 2017
[10:04 AM] Vipershark: eh
[10:04 AM] Vipershark: well, that trailer was...
[10:04 AM] Vipershark: expected, i guess
[10:05 AM] Vipershark: too big to be a handheld, that's annoying
[10:06 AM] Vipershark: didn't show any touchscreen stuff that i could tell
[10:06 AM] Vipershark: the controller halves look uncomfortable and too small to realistically play on
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Shade
Detatchable controllers like this could potentially be cheaper than normal controllers to replace.

I'm also gonna guess that those will be far from the only controller "handles" that will be made.

But dude, Skyrim? That's pretty baller.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: