Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping sound from .res files
I'd like to extract sounds from digimon rumble arena 2, I have access to every file in the game but everything is in the .res format. I'm almost sure I found which of those .res files are used for sound but the problem lies with actually opening/extracting the files. Anyone have any experience with these files or better yet already have every sound file from the game?
Thanked by:
(10-11-2016, 12:45 AM)BradLeeTee Wrote: I'd like to extract sounds from digimon rumble arena 2, I have access to every file in the game but everything is in the .res format. I'm almost sure I found which of those .res files are used for sound but the problem lies with actually opening/extracting the files. Anyone have any experience with these files or better yet already have every sound file from the game?

I can try to help your problem.
I know a couple ways to extract resources from .RES files (To certain degree with a chance of mixed results), my only question to you is what is the console of the game you want to extract from? (From what I know, Digimon Rumble Arena 2 was made for the Playstation 2 and the Nintendo Gamecube).
Thanked by:
Upload the .res file up if you can, we'll take a look!
Thanked by:
Actually, I have found a solution, BradLeeTee. What you need is PSound, and you can get 2844 files of sound.
Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Get an ISO of Digimon Rumble Arena 2 for PS2 (Search it on Google) and then mount it on your computer.

Step 2: Download the PSound program from this link -> http://snailrush.online.fr/PSound/PSound.zip and then extract the zipped folder and start PSound.

Step 3: Once the program appears, click on File on the top left and then click on Scan file.

Step 4: A Dialog box will appear asking which file you want scanned. Select the ISO of Digimon Rumble Arena 2 and then click Start to scan all the sounds from the file.

Step 5: Once the scanning is complete, right click on any of the scanned files and then click on Select all. After all the files are selected, all you have to do is click on File and then Convert. A Dialog box will appear to ask you where you want to put your converted files, but after selecting the destination for your files, they will be converted to .WAV sound files to your hearts content.

Hope you will find this information most helpful to you. And if you have any questions/issues, just ask me.
-Gamer101
Thanked by:
(10-11-2016, 04:35 PM)Gamer101 Wrote: Actually, I have found a solution, BradLeeTee. What you need is PSound, and you can get 2844 files of sound.
Here's how to do it:
Step 1: Get an ISO of Digimon Rumble Arena 2 for PS2 (Search it on Google) and then mount it on your computer.

Step 2: Download the PSound program from this link -> http://snailrush.online.fr/PSound/PSound.zip and then extract the zipped folder and start PSound.

Step 3: Once the program appears, click on File on the top left and then click on Scan file.

Step 4: A Dialog box will appear asking which file you want scanned. Select the ISO of Digimon Rumble Arena 2 and then click Start to scan all the sounds from the file.

Step 5: Once the scanning is complete, right click on any of the scanned files and then click on Select all. After all the files are selected, all you have to do is click on File and then Convert. A Dialog box will appear to ask you where you want to put your converted files, but after selecting the destination for your files, they will be converted to .WAV sound files to your hearts content.

Hope you will find this information most helpful to you. And if you have any questions/issues, just ask me.
-Gamer101

Thanks for the suggestion, I got it working and everything and got the right amount of voice clips but for god knows what reason 90% of them were no good. I was missing a lot of the clips I needed and ended up having like 8 of every sound file so something went wrong. I really appreciate this tho! I'm sure this will be useful for me for future PS2 rips assuming it just won't work for this game alone

(10-11-2016, 02:27 PM)Gamer101 Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 12:45 AM)BradLeeTee Wrote: I'd like to extract sounds from digimon rumble arena 2, I have access to every file in the game but everything is in the .res format. I'm almost sure I found which of those .res files are used for sound but the problem lies with actually opening/extracting the files. Anyone have any experience with these files or better yet already have every sound file from the game?

I can try to help your problem.
I know a couple ways to extract resources from .RES files (To certain degree with a chance of mixed results), my only question to you is what is the console of the game you want to extract from? (From what I know, Digimon Rumble Arena 2 was made for the Playstation 2 and the Nintendo Gamecube).

Thanks a lot for attempting to help me with this! I just took these from the GC version of the game since I wasn't sure how to extract sound files aside from using Dolphin. If you or anyone else would like to give it a try I uploaded the .res files here https://mega.nz/#!hpUEwZRR!fuX6vvU8qEX1u...idymCq6f1Y
Thanked by: