Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Paper Mario: Color Splash Sprites/Textures
Hi, I have a dump of Paper Mario: Color Splash and have located a graphics folder that seemingly contains BFRES files. They are in the format .lz but I know how to decrypt them into BFRES files. But I'm lost from there. I tried a script to import one into 3DS Max and it threw an exception. I tried various texture extracting tools and they either give errors or simply do nothing. I'd really like to upload some of the beautiful sprites in this game, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. Any advice?
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by: Nitwitsworld
Never mind, I figured it out myself. I have this sheet ready to submit, does it look acceptable?

[Image: zhM3VPv.png]
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Is this game even out, yet?

I'd wait for the game to be internationally released, if you're doing this. Just like what happened with Sticker Star.

Also, the artwork for this game actually looks really nice. Hope it's not artstyle over gameplay.
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by: puggsoy, Nitwitsworld
1. That's nowhere near all of the sprites for Mario.
2. I already am working on ripping the sprites.
3. Even if you submitted that now, I wouldn't accept it at the moment because I don't want to have anything from the game up on the site until the official release.

(09-26-2016, 11:05 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: I've got dibs on ripping the sprites, though, but you won't see 'em up on the site until after October 7th.
Will you also rip the concept art? It'd be nice to see those in detail.
Dang, I thought that when I saw the link to this, that I saw a Full Texture Dump of all sprites packed in one archive file. Something like what I was hoping for happened with Smash 3Ds textures a few years back, which later, the Texture Dump got removed from media fire. except the media fire link was on reddit instead.
Thanked by: