Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Folklore .DDS_
No this isn't as easy as you'd think it is.
Folklore uses loads of compression formats, with some images being stored in .DDS_ files. They can't be read through normal means and they have SDD as their header which may mean they're reversed? Im not to sure actually.
I've included 3 because they seem to both be structured differently.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqjzg7s0df7rq16/DDS_.zip?dl=0

Thanked by:
Is this what the game over one is supposed to look like?

[Image: guD38xq.png]

Like Anex said on the Discord chat, it's just that the bytes are flipped, and I could probably make something to flip them into a usable DDS. However I'd like to know if these colours are right, because if not then those will probably need to be flipped as well. If not then it's just the header fields which should be easy.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: OS-PRIME
(09-24-2016, 08:48 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Is this what the game over one is supposed to look like?

[Image: guD38xq.png]

Like Anex said on the Discord chat, it's just that the bytes are flipped, and I could probably make something to flip them into a usable DDS. However I'd like to know if these colours are right, because if not then those will probably need to be flipped as well. If not then it's just the header fields which should be easy.

Yepper! The game over thing does look like that though the purple in the middle is transparent in game (but that might be a bit of code the game runs that makes it transparent).

Thanked by:
Here you go. Just drag a folder containing the files onto it and it'll create a new folder containing usable .dds files.

Tell me if anything screws up!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: OS-PRIME