Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Configuration of emulator ePSXe for ripping sprites?
Hello,
I decide to ripping several sprites from game Torneko for PlayStation using for that psx_vram program. I'm already know how to use this program, but sprites from psx_vram sheet is difference in size from emulator screenshots. I use ePSXe_v1.9.25a emulator and my monitor has 1280x1024 screen resolution. Can someone tell me optimal emulator configurations for right original vision, like it to be in game, without filtering and others optimizations? Its be better if you demonstrate it in screen-capture of config main video plugin and soft plugin.

Some sprite animations from this game you can already see on my DA page - > http://mic32.deviantart.com/

I afraid maybe my works has some mistakes in pixel organization or color index from it original.

PS: Sorry for the poor English.
Thanked by:
This is for video, never cared about configurations in sound, though:
Resolution & Colours
Window Mode: 320x240
Colour depth: 32-Bit
Stretching: 1:1 (faster with some cards)
Dithering: no dithering
Framerate
Use FPS limit
Auto-detect FPS/frame skipping limit
Options
Scanline mode: Scanlines disabled

And these are my plugins.
Video
P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17 (from time to time I use psx emulation cheater 2.5)
Sound
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
Bios
SCPH5500.BIN

I'm using epsxe 1.7 and 1.8, not sure how much the 1.9 changed.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Witch
Davy Jones
Thanks, but something still wrong, cause its not work for me. Here is screen-capture of my emulator configuration. Maybe see it someone can figure out what needed to do to fix game resolution and screenshot.

[Image: be32876b2b368ffd109d77b8a32cca8a.png]
Thanked by:
Have you tried epsxe 2.0.5? It seems to be the latest version.

Also, have you tried playing around with the stretching? I had the aspect ratio thing before.
Thanked by:
Davy Jones
Thanks for help.

Can I upload here some sprites from this game for testing them on mistakes by skilled users? I'm think that sprites from psx_vram have right size resolution in any case.
Thanked by:
Sure, you can upload your sheets on imgur and post them here.
Thanked by:
http://imgur.com/a/7LU4m

On screenshot you can see Paulo, Torneko son. On the left Paulo from psx_vram and on the right from epsxe. Color index is difference and epsxe Paulo has some additional pixels. Ok, maybe I still can't find the right color index from psx_vram, but what color is more original, but how to be with different sprite resolution?
Thanked by: