Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to rip textures/sprites from PSP games
What you need:
-PPSSPP

-GLintercept

What to do:
-Open PPSSPP and go to Settings -> Graphics -> Backend  and change it to   "OpenGL"

-Close PPSSPP

-Go to the place where you saved GLintercept and copy "OpenGL.dll" and "Gliconfig.ini" and paste them in the directory where   your PPSSPP.exe is located

Now just open PPSSPP and ta-da, all sprites and textures will be ripped in your PPSSPP directory under the folder "Images".
 If you are unhappy with the result you can open Gliconfig.ini in a text editor and change the settings there.
 Hope it helped!!
Thanked by:
- You have to config the gliconfig.ini so it doesn't create useless icons for the pictures.
- You have to press a hotkey or combination to activate the tool while playing.
- You only get the textures and sprites which you can see on the screen, it also highly depends on the game if you get whole sets or just single elements. Arranging them can be tedious.
- You usually get a lot of duplicates.
- Screentones can be a problem, in this case GLintercept doesn't get the correct palettes.

You can also use it with Desmume (DS emulator), but it doesn't work on every game.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
I didn´t thought anybody would reply, so thanks! =)

Quote:- You have to config the gliconfig.ini so it doesn't create useless icons for the pictures.
Yes I already found that. It was under the point : Image Icon { Enabled =True/False [...]}

Quote:- You have to press a hotkey or combination to activate the tool while playing.
That wasn´t the case for me.It just did it the whole time.

Quote:- You only get the textures and sprites which you can see on the screen, it also highly depends on the game if you get whole sets or just single elements. Arranging them can be tedious.
I got some textures which weren´t onscreen but I only tested it with the Final Fantasy 4 Collection and Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi Tag Team though.

Quote:- You usually get a lot of duplicates.
Yes, that is why you only use it if you want specific parts, so you have less Images where you search.

Quote:- Screentones can be a problem, in this case GLintercept doesn't get the correct palettes.
It did get the correct palettes for me, but what are screentones?

Quote:You can also use it with Desmume (DS emulator), but it doesn't work on every game.
Yes, as far as I know it you can use it everywhere, where OpenGL is or can be used(not tested though)
Thanked by:
Ah ok, then you didn't edit the gliconfig.ini. There you can also state when the tool starts (hotkey, combination)

Screentones are like flashing screens, darkening screens, brightening screens and nearly always present when you teleport from map to map.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Apologies in advance for necrobumping, but this seems like the most relevant topic for keeping all the PSP-dumping info in, as opposed to having the info divided amongst several topics. Just would like to update/supplement the info in the OP:
(09-13-2016, 01:26 PM)Miepee Wrote: -Go to the place where you saved GLintercept and copy "OpenGL.dll" and "Gliconfig.ini" and paste them in the directory where   your PPSSPP.exe is located
  • This is no longer correct. Instead of "opengl.dll", it's "opengl32.dll".
  • Assuming everything is done correctly, GLIntercept will automatically create the "Images" folder in the same directory as the PPSSPP.exe file. There is no need to manually create the folder there.

Finally, I originally made this post to report a problem I had: even though I had placed the "opengl32.dll" and "gliconfig.ini" files in the same directory as the "PPSSPP.exe" file, whenever I tried to launch PPSSPP, the PPSSPP screen would briefly open (to a black background) before quickly closing within ~2 seconds. This is on Windows 10.

But, I just found out the answer. Like the readme.txt file says (included in the GLIntercept download), there can be problems if PPSSPP is located in C:\Program Files\. So, I ended up moving the PPSSPP folder to the Desktop and now it works fine. Hope this helps future readers.
Thanked by: hyago
My PPSSPP has been crashed when opened
Thanked by: