Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Remove this thread
-delete it-
Thanked by:
this is not sprite, it's just a doodle made with antialiasing off pencil tool.

You should have control of the lines in a pixel level, and the amount of double pixels and jagged lines, added to the poor color choice and overall lack of detail means you should rethink on how to approach pixelart and spriting in general.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
I'm going to disagree with Gors, in saying that I don't think these sprites intend to be pixel art.
However, I do think you can refine the lineart so it looks cleaner and more finished.
I like some of these designs, like the third sprite, and I encourage you to make more! Keep at it!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
While it doesnt require to be pixelart to be a game sprite, to accept that it's good is to say false things

Also there is no original design, AFAIK its just anime trace overs
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Yeah, He definitely traced them over official art from the game. Looks like the only thing he didn't trace was the head.
[Image: VE6Ei4N.png]
[Image: 76561198059964992.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Oh, in that case I am disappointed.
My bad, guys.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Looking at it, I think he used the official art as a reference. Not as a trace. If it was tracing, the work would look a lot smoother and match the overall shape of the official art. The proportions of the body don't match the official art if you shrunk it down.

EDIT: Though I wonder, are you under WeAreFossilDiggers on Deviantart?
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Yeah, looking at this he just used the official art as a point of reference. I do it all the time - it doesn't mean I trace, it just means that I'm not very original when it comes to drawing lol

But yeah, this isn't pixel art - I mean, you sure used the heck out of the pencil tool in MSPaint, but this is more like...drawing in MSPaint or something, i dunno lol

If I used a tablet to draw a character in MSPaint and didn't take into account the typical conventions (selout, dithering, etc) I'm kinda...just drawing
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: