Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ys ripping project
Decided I might as well make an exclusive topic just for this, since it makes for better organization. My plan is to rip from most recent titles or as much as possible. Any help on earlier titles would be appreciated as well.

I am using a tool named Falcom data Archive Conversion Tool (http://www.pokanchan.jp/dokuwiki/softwar...nvrt/start), which can extract the graphics of any PC Falcom game, also working with PSP isos.

Here's my current progress:

PC

* Ys Origin: Complete.
* Ys VI The Ark of Napishtim: Complete.
* Ys The Oath in Felghana: Complete.
* Ys I & II Chronicles: Couldn't rip with the tool. For some reason it returns the sprites with a messed up palette.

PS2

* Ys III Wanderers From Ys
* Ys IV Mask of the Sun A New Theory
* Ys V Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand

PSP

* Ys SEVEN: Complete.
* Ys The Oath in Felhana: Complete.
* Ys vs Sora no Kiseki: Complete.

DS

* Legacy of Ys Books I & II: Complete as far as I see.
* Ys Strategy

SNES

* Ys III Wanderers From Ys: Complete?
* Ys IV Mask of the Sun
* Ys V Ushinawareta Suna no Miyako Kefin

TurboGrafx CD

* Ys Book I & II
* Ys III Wanderers From Ys
* Ys IV The Dawn of Ys

Vita

* Ys Memories of Celceta: Couldn't rip with the tool. The graphics are all stored on .itp files much like the other games, but it seems it uses a different compression.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by: TomGuycott, Ton
I've got a pretty good grasp on Ys III for Nes and Snes, but I might be slow working on them because of other things I have going on.

I have dabbled in Ys IV and V on SNES, but I don't have nearly enough save states to make capturing everything I need easy for me. I also haven't been able to get my Ys IV for PC Engine CD to work ever since I switch computers, which sucks because I had save states leading to all the major turning points and bosses.

If anyone does start doing the PC Engine version, I DO have a half-finished sheet of Gadis lying around.
Thanked by: Magma MK-II
I'm wondering if it would be possible to rip from the PS2 games, so I added them to the list.

On another note, here's everything from Ys Origin:

[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Awesome! I was watching you upload. Amazing work!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
[spoiler]
Adol (Banded Mail)
Adol (Banded Mail)
Adol (Battle Armor)
Adol (Battle Armor)
Adol (Chain Mail)
Adol (Chain Mail)
Adol (Leather Armor)
Adol (Leather Armor)
Adol (Plate Mail)
Adol (Plate Mail)
[tsricon img="http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheet_icons/80/83057.png"
You can create Spieler? For better overvief.
Thanked by:
What?
Thanked by:
Please use spoiler, its painful scroll down with mobiltelephone.(i hate autocorrection)
Thanked by:
Ah, sure.
Thanked by: Ton, sutinoer
Damn the previous post messed up for whatever reason.
Thanked by:
I'll add the monsters later.
Thanked by: sutinoer
I guess this is it for the PC games. I'd like to try ripping from the PS2 games, but I got no idea how.
Thanked by: Ton
Ys 8?
Thanked by: