Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
newbie with a new sheet
Came here to get a sprite sheet for Arthur from the arcade version of Ghosts 'n Goblins but after noticing frames and entire animation sets missing, I made a new sheet. I still need to double-check my colors to make sure everything still matches the game palatte, but I figured since it is my first sprite sheet, I'd upload it here to make sure it is cool before submitting. I did all the work using Mame.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: Davy Jones
Looking good, has the arcade version no green/golden armor?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Locomule
No it hasn't, the golden armor was only added in Ghouls 'n Ghosts
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by: Davy Jones, Locomule
Thanks. More armor was introduced in sequels, such as Ghouls 'n Ghosts. In the original aka Makai-Mura in Japan you get one set of armor. Get hit and you drop to your undies and the next hit kills. This is considered one of the most difficult games, but I did notice some things, such as boss AI, were decidedly more difficult in the US version.
Likewise, the game is about a knight who journeys to Hades to fight Satan and various demonic creatures to rescue the princess. Originally, the uber weapon was a cross but the Americanized port replaced the cross with a shield.. (Projectile shield weapon?) and renamed the enemies to less Biblicaly influenced titles. Even the series' creator, Tokurou Fujiwara, said that while conceiving of the demonic theme of "Demon World Village" he decided to temper the horror with humor by creating enemies with an element of cuteness.
Of course, the game is so damn hard, most people never see beyond the first stage. Honestly, I went there to see about platformer sprites but after finishing the game using an auto-fire cheat and insane amount of saves and reloads, not to mention all the ripping work, wow.. There is all kinds of stuff going on there developer-wise. Creature AI alone can get pretty trippy. It features the "your princess is in another castle" repeat trick, as well as other reused themes. I really want do a little homework and place it in a timeline with what other games came before and just after. Been studying classic platformers like crazy, and never considered this one before, lol. Kinda forgot about it. I'm remaking it in Scratch, now.

Anyway, I wanted to make a sheet that had everything from G'nG that a coder would want to work with. I still could've put a little more, like weapon hits, but the sheet was already pretty wordy and hits could go on an enemy or fx sheet just as easily. Thanks for replying, I mainly just don't want to crap in the community punch bowl. I've loved this site from the outside for longer than I can recall. Time to contribute.
Thanked by:
Great job! I love these games!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Locomule
Thank you Ton and thanks for adding the sheet. I will keep my eyes open for something else useful to add next. Much love for the community and the hard work everyone puts in keeping it alive.
Thanked by: